• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: MangaGamer Launches eden* Visual Novel on Steam

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grooven

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:06 pm Reply with quote
I always wanted to play this game back when it came out. The premise interested me and so did the opening video. Will be playing this Smile
shiranehito

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:37 pm Reply with quote
For a second I thought Makoto Shinkai made the opening movie again like ef. Seems not, but still, very impressive opening movie. I'm gonna purchase it asap
nhat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:50 pm Reply with quote
Hmm wishes theres a box for this and Planetarian
Jacquipuff

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:55 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The company is now accepting preorders for its first adult boys-love visual novel No, Thank You!!! by pa-rade. A demo version was released in November.

Wait wait what?? Official, legal, English-language release of a BL game?! How the hell did I miss that news when it first came out?? I feel as though I have failed in my duties as a fujoshi...

...So needless to say, I am totally going to be putting down a preorder for it. Smile
configspace

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:40 pm Reply with quote
FYI MangaGamer has an ongoing fundraising project for Supipara:
http://www.mangagamer.org/minori/

All purchases of eden*, ef - a fairy tale of the two, ef - the first tale, ef - the latter tale, whether all-ages or adult version automatically contributes to the fund.
Calsolum

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:38 pm Reply with quote
Jacquipuff wrote:
Wait wait what?? Official, legal, English-language release of a BL game?! How the hell did I miss that news when it first came out?? I feel as though I have failed in my duties as a fujoshi...

...So needless to say, I am totally going to be putting down a preorder for it. Smile

you should sign up for the mangagamer newsletter.

One day out of the blue i got a message saying that eden and No, Thank You are available. Never heard of them so i decided to check it out
Clicked on eden and it looked interesting
Clicked on No, Thank You and...
lets just say i was very very surprised.
Sweeter Knitter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:30 am Reply with quote
No Thank You was pretty interesting, though I wish I played it in the order the creators intended (for more of a slow reveal of the main plot), and I didn't expect it to be this violent. Looking forward to the OVA.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:50 am Reply with quote
To be specific, Eden* is a kinetic novel, meaning there's no branching choices and thus only one route. Anyone who's played Key's Planetarian should be familiar with the concept.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:21 am Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
To be specific, Eden* is a kinetic novel, meaning there's no branching choices and thus only one route. Anyone who's played Key's Planetarian should be familiar with the concept.

So rather than a "visual novel" per se, it is more like a vomic or an interactive book?
While those kinds of narratives can be interesting, my Diminished Returns standards are quite high, meaning that I rarely play though a game again (at least not so soon after completing it).
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:07 pm Reply with quote
Considering that a lot of visual novel-based anime do somewhat the "Choose Your Own Ship" feature (a few episodes focusing each of the possible lovers), I don't see a kinetic novel getting an anime version soon.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1