• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime Mirai 2015 Casts, Stories Unveiled

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:01 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, I'm not sure what to think of this...

I wonder if one of them is successful enough, it may turn into a full TV show like Death Parade. We'll see. I have mixed thoughts on this so far but the one with the music has my interest the most.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
KH91

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:09 pm Reply with quote
Only the drummer one caught my interest. I wish them luck.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:14 pm Reply with quote
The one Studio DEEN is doing sounds like you need yuri goggles.
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:20 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:

Well implied same sex relationship anime have kind of become their bread and butter these days.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Kaioshin_Sama wrote:
darkchibi07 wrote:

Well implied same sex relationship anime have kind of become their bread and butter these days.

I'd slop on a hefty serving of yuri jam and eat that bread and butter up all day long. Honestly the genre needs more Razz
Kougeru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:40 pm Reply with quote
I disagree with the "need" for more yuri. I don't have any problem with it, but it is starting to feel like people are doing it just for the sake of it. I agree with only taiko sounding interesting, but I still love Anime Mirai.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:38 am Reply with quote
So this year's Anime Mirai will have all of its 4 entries as Slice-of-Life, with 2 of them overlap with the Music genre.
J.C. Staff's Aki no Kanade character design looks similar to MADHOUSE's rendition of Hanayamata

Synergy SP's Happy ComeCome reminds me of the old-school, 2D art of shows like Sazae-san, for example.

Studio DEEN's Ongaku Shōjo character designs look a kin to those of other Music-centered shows, like Aikatsu

Nothing really pops to my mind when I look at Tezuka Productions' Kumi to Tulip...
kevinx59

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:01 am Reply with quote
Hmm, all of these shorts look a bit more conventional than what I was expecting. I'm cool with that though, and I think that Deen one looks pretty cute. I'm just curious to see how they look in motion. Hopefully the animation is good (or at least better than tv level).
Hameyadea wrote:

Synergy SP's Happy ComeCome reminds me of the old-school, 2D art of shows like Sazae-san, for example.
Well the director of that short is the director of the similarly really long running Chibi Maruko-chan. It does give me that classic, family friendly vibe though. And I knew the last one was Tezuka pro before I even read the description. I think its the old guy...
meepsheeps

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:27 am Reply with quote
I'm the most hyped for the first one. Everything else looks interesting too!
Chipp12

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:19 am Reply with quote
Ongaku Shoujo is actually based on the fictional Ongaku Shoujo band consisting of Eri and Haru (though it looks like they've added a new girl recently) that already released several singles and 2 albums composed by Taishi. Sadly it looks like it's not that popular around there.
http://amiamiblog.com/amiamiblog/2014/12/2/ongaku-shojo
Arklight

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:34 am Reply with quote
Looks like the 2015 of Anime Mirai is going to be crap.... The only Anime Mirai that really stood out is Death Billiard (Death Parade) which is the greatest for me.
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:39 pm Reply with quote
The drummer one sounded kinda interesting, but the rest were meh. Most likely studio DEEN's will be Yuri. They even got Ishikura who made Sakura Trick. This anime mirai was disappointing. Sad
noblesse oblige

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:53 pm Reply with quote
So in five years Anime Mirai went from young animators experimenting with new ideas - to established directors pitching rote pilots for serializations that are indistinguishable from any of the other 30 shows we get every season. Disappointing for sure. Anyone have any insight into why program has seemingly undergone change? Is it established veterans realizing they can cash in on the project after the success of Billiards and Academia? I was kinda hoping for more stuff like Harmonie and Arv Rezzle.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1