• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Junjō Romantica Boys-Love Anime Season 3's Date, Cast, Staff Revealed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrowLia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:18 am Reply with quote
I guess I'll watch it out of habit, but I can't say I'm particularly excited about it seeing that my favorite couple (Egoist) hasn't gotten a proper chapter since 2012 (and I think that's the only one for that couple that hasn't been made into anime). Meanwhile the current spoiler[Ijuuin]/Misaki/Usami plot is honestly a tired snoozefest that's been dragging forever and that's just a rinse-repeat of most of the Romantica couple's conflicts (and almost the exact same conflict currently going on in SekaKoi. Seriously, Nakamura, there are other conflicts in couples that don't necessarily include spoiler[jealousy and/or rivals])
wohdin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:35 am Reply with quote
But that's the entirety of the yaoi genre's trope arsenal!

No, but seriously, even with how much I dread this, I'm also excited by it. Just there being more yaoi/BL animated is amazing in its own right.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:50 am Reply with quote
While I agree fundamentally on how great it is that BL is getting animated at all, I wish some studio would take a "risk" with something that's not Nakamura stuff, like last year's Love Stage or the upcoming Doukyusei. There's just so much more good stuff out there, far better than Nakamura's recycled storylines that never go anywhere, and it's kind of frustrating that only her stuff gets promoted (I'm especially bitter towards Junjou because the Egoist pairing has been completely ditched, and it was positively the best pairing, with more realistic adult conflicts rather than Oh no, yet another freaking love rival, isn't possessive jealousy so freaking romantic, no it isn't)

(Yamamoto Kotetsuko, oh great anime overlords, make it happen please!)
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:54 am Reply with quote
I hope RightStuf licenses this one
loveless one without love

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:30 am Reply with quote
I can't wait for this I watched the first two seasons and now I'm pretty hyped for this. Anime hyper
I love this show
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:53 am Reply with quote
Well well well, the 'popular' Nakamura is also getting more material adapted. Yeah, I'm gonna watch this and buy it if Nozomi Entertainment still has the rights. *taps foot impatiently for Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi and the Yokozara film*
I'll admit I liked Hybrid Child's adaptation and the OVA was pretty decent *also taps foot impatiently* so hopefully season 3 will be fine as well. Based on my last reading the fan translations, there was a random episode of the Romantica couple in the United Arab Emirates...or something. Shocked Glad that the entire cast is returning!
YumeHunter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:59 am Reply with quote
Well I have to say that I would want to see more different stuff that isn't Nakamura's getting animated and that's why I'm so excited for Doukyuusei. But I'll watch this and I'll be glad that at least we're getting this.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:01 am Reply with quote
It would be nice if some bl novels could get anime adaptations. There are soooooooooo many good stories out there and I would love to see some animated visuals for them.

It would be really interesting if someone took the plunge and animated a tastefully erotic series. There were a few hardcore series in the past like Ikoku Irokoi Romantan, but I don't know... I just feel there's something missing. There's a lot of hentai out there but not so much animated bl in comparison.

Need more details on Doukyuusei, now! It's going to be so great seeing Kusakabe and Sajou animated.
SnaphappyFMA

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:14 am Reply with quote
I want more Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi... but I'll take more Junjou Romantica. Laughing
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:09 pm Reply with quote
Please be picked up by Crunchyroll, please be picked up by Crunchyroll.

It's a shame that the story later on became so tiresome and stunted though I hope that series 3 will inspire me to continue with the manga.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Miyanoai

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Finally some more official news on this (*tears of joy that Sakurai decided to take off his retirement of BL for this*).

GokuMew2 wrote:
It would be nice if some bl novels could get anime adaptations. There are soooooooooo many good stories out there and I would love to see some animated visuals for them.

It would be really interesting if someone took the plunge and animated a tastefully erotic series. There were a few hardcore series in the past like Ikoku Irokoi Romantan, but I don't know... I just feel there's something missing. There's a lot of hentai out there but not so much animated bl in comparison.

I agree about the novels but I wouldn't get my hopes up on more erotic series. At least not with how censored things have to be now. What ever happened to the yaoi that wasn't aired on television and could be a little more risqué?
shterraarson

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:59 pm Reply with quote
Do you hear that? That's the sound of a million BL fangirls, myself 1,000% included, fangirling.

SO EXCITE.
meepsheeps

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:59 pm Reply with quote
I also prefer Sekaiichi like most people and I'm not a big fan of either series but I'll be looking forward to this as us girls don't get enough anime pandered to us :>
neilcfreak

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:01 am Reply with quote
Uhhhhhhhg why can't we get any good BL anime??

fudge JR all its about is rapists and Stockholm syndrome.

Except for Egoist, egoist is awesome.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:26 am Reply with quote
^Preach sis! The library chapter is everything. No matter how many times I re-read/re-watch it, it always makes me bawl like a baby

Actually, not too long ago I was chatting with a gay friend who isn't much of an anime fan, but for some reason the topic popped up and he mentioned liking JR and that Egoist was his favorite pairing. It was really funny because at that moment we kind of had this crazy connection, looked at each other and we squealed "The one with the library!!" in fangirly unison. Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2