• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Girls und Panzer Film's Promo Video Reviews Franchise's Story

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yadilie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:47 am Reply with quote
Super excited for this. Thought this series was a cute and entertaining but really glad to see the movie getting expanded after being pushed back. Normally multiple delays only hamper a project.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:52 am Reply with quote
Yadilie wrote:
Super excited for this. Thought this series was a cute and entertaining but really glad to see the movie getting expanded after being pushed back. Normally multiple delays only hamper a project.

The movie hasn't been released, so the franchise isn't out of the woods yet. If the movie will flop, it'll shut-down any prospect of future entries to the franchise. It all depends on whether or not they're enough people still interested to come and watch the movie.

I hope that the movie will do well enough to convince the production committee to fund a second season.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:24 pm Reply with quote
I'm still pleasantly surprised that this was picked up for a movie.
teferi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:57 pm Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
Yadilie wrote:

The movie hasn't been released, so the franchise isn't out of the woods yet. If the movie will flop, it'll shut-down any prospect of future entries to the franchise. It all depends on whether or not they're enough people still interested to come and watch the movie.

I hope that the movie will do well enough to convince the production committee to fund a second season.

Are japanese fans so fickle that they'd buy 30k+ BDs per release (including the OVA last July) then just ignore the movie?
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:10 pm Reply with quote
teferi wrote:
Are japanese fans so fickle that they'd buy 30k+ BDs per release (including the OVA last July) then just ignore the movie?

Well, I'm no seer, fortune-teller or Tarot card-reader, so it isn't known if the movie will generate enough revenue to cover the production costs (and delaying products costs money per day) and bring a profit that will convince the sponsors to invest in a second season. I have no doubt that fans will come and watch this, but - as I wrote - it isn't about "will come & watch or not", it is about "will enough people come & watch or not"
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:57 pm Reply with quote
The holiday film season is usually crowded.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:02 pm Reply with quote
And they'll make sales on the back-end with BDs and other merch. I don't think the film will be that expensive judging by the previews, usually these things are just produced to the same standards as TV, but with more polish.
AnimeAddict2014

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:36 pm Reply with quote
looking forward to it!

I saw this series after the Fury movie!

Girls and Panzer is a good series.

I re-watched Valkyria Chronicles again-- since they also have a tank.

I don't know any other anime with tanks in them..
Ingraman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:55 pm Reply with quote
AnimeAddict2014 wrote:

I don't think that I've ever seen more than a few minutes of it (so I don't know how much of a role that it plays), but Those Who Hunt Elves has a tank in it...
AnimeAddict2014

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:18 pm Reply with quote
Ingraman wrote:
AnimeAddict2014 wrote:

I don't think that I've ever seen more than a few minutes of it (so I don't know how much of a role that it plays), but Those Who Hunt Elves has a tank in it...

thanks!

I'll look it up.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1