• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Place Your Order at LAWSON for Is the order a rabbit? Goods

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:56 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
...So far, an alarm clock featuring Chino has been revealed; it will play voice clips and be available for 50 winners.

Cute. If I see this on sale in any of the usual places, it's a done deal!! Surprised ...and I do need a fourth one, just in case. Happened a few times already I didn't wake before the third one went off...
garlogan78

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:18 pm Reply with quote
I'm curious why stuff like this gets posted on this site. People living in Japan would find out about this by just visiting a Lawson, or using a Japanese news site. And people outside of the country can't even order the prizes/goods in the first place.

I mean I guess it /is/ under the "interest" column, but it is just kind of like "look at this cool thing going on you can't participate in".
wastrel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:50 pm Reply with quote
garlogan78 wrote:
I'm curious why stuff like this gets posted on this site. People living in Japan would find out about this by just visiting a Lawson, or using a Japanese news site. And people outside of the country can't even order the prizes/goods in the first place.

I mean I guess it /is/ under the "interest" column, but it is just kind of like "look at this cool thing going on you can't participate in".

These items usually show up pretty quickly on the Yahoo Japan auction site, and there are quite a few companies that will act as proxies for you if you wish to acquire the item via those auctions. It can be expensive, sure, but if it's an item you really want... *shrug*

But you have to know the item exists first, unless you enjoy searching over and over day after day (and some people do). So these articles are useful even to some of us outside Japan.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1