• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ushio & Tora TV Anime's July 3 Premiere, Opening Theme Song Announced

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 3:37 am Reply with quote
Ah, good to know a premiere date for this show. I can't wait for the premiere tbh and really hope to see a PV soon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 4:34 am Reply with quote
I wonder how many cours it will be.
mike.motaku

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 6:44 am Reply with quote
I'm actually pretty happy to here about this. The original was quite a lot of fun.
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 9:09 am Reply with quote
I was pretty intrigued in this when I first saw it, but now that I see the art I'm not so sure anymore.
animelytical

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 9:19 am Reply with quote
The artwork makes me think they may be adapting the whole thing. Purely because this looks like something that can be maintained for a while. I do hold hope that the visuals are handled close to the Madhouse Hunter x Hunter 2011 visuals.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 9:31 am Reply with quote
animelytical wrote:
The artwork makes me think they may be adapting the whole thing. Purely because this looks like something that can be maintained for a while. I do hold hope that the visuals are handled close to the Madhouse Hunter x Hunter 2011 visuals.

That would be great if they adapted all 33 volumes, it's very rare that a Manga gets completely adapted.
malvarez1

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 9:52 am Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
animelytical wrote:

That would be great if they adapted all 33 volumes, it's very rare that a Manga gets completely adapted.

I really hope it adapts the whole thing; a lot of the good stuff is in the second half, because many of the early volumes are more monster-of-the-week, which seems to be a Shonen staple.

Anyway, I hope this gets more people to read the original manga. Viz, hurry up and license it!
Andrew Cunningham

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 12:39 pm Reply with quote
Kinniku Shojo Tai should be a good fit for the show.
(If you don't know them, the lead singer did the songs for Welcome to the NHK and Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei.)

This manga is one of the best yokai manga ever done, and if they can get it right, should be an amazing anime.
Storm101

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 1:12 pm Reply with quote
I don't understand why this is being made since it doesn't even have a live action movie to promote like Parasyte did. This seems like a guaranteed flop. I hope it does well, though.
JaggedAuthor

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 2:09 pm Reply with quote
I've been looking forward to this show for a while. The OVA series was one of the titles that helped get me into anime.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 3:02 pm Reply with quote
I'd always been curious about this one.
JaggedAuthor

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 5:29 pm Reply with quote
You couldn't watch an ADV release in the mid to late '90s without seeing a lengthy trailer for it. It showcased the series' best fight scenes while playing the kick-ass opening theme. How could middle-school-aged me resist?
Wandering Samurai

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 9:14 pm Reply with quote
The good thing I see about this is that the source manga series is already completed, so they have an opportunity to be somewhat faithful to it. And if does great they can adapt all 33 volumes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Oh I cannot wait until this begins. It's only a month away. I hope I can catch at least a couple of eps before vacation.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1