• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: 41st Single AKB48 Senbatsu Election Results Are In

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TsubomiKoneko

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:07 pm Reply with quote
Wow... I'm not really happy with Sashihara winning again, having voted three times for Takahashi Minami myself, but breaking something over it is a bit much.

I'd have preferred someone that hadn't won before, but after reading around it seems some people don't feel Kashiwagi Yuki is center material... which is really baffling to me, but whatever.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:53 pm Reply with quote
I see AKB hasn't addressed the issues with the deranged fanbase. I'd focus on that issue more than elections before it's too late, if a garden variety nutjob can saw his way to the idols, heaven forbid what a deranged fan would do to them if things don't their way.
Wandering Samurai

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:30 pm Reply with quote
Hence why I do not follow this group, too many deranged fans. One of these girls is going to get hurt at some point if they are not careful.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:45 pm Reply with quote
Congratulations to Rino Sashihara for winning the vote! Smile
It's utterly disheartening that some of the fan base decided to express feigned outrage instead of wishing her a good journey into the future.
MelancholicMaria

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:51 am Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:
I see AKB hasn't addressed the issues with the deranged fanbase. I'd focus on that issue more than elections before it's too late, if a garden variety nutjob can saw his way to the idols, heaven forbid what a deranged fan would do to them if things don't their way.

You're absolutely insufferable. You're so mean spirited and judgemental towards such a broad demographic that I'm curious as to if you're just taking the piss now. You can be concerned with the safety of idols, but hey, don't worry they're fine. Of all the years idol groups have been active, very, very few have come to any harm. It's nice to see you call all of these people "nutjobs" and "deranged" among other things at every possible opportunity you get without realising, hey, anime has these odd, insignificant few who lash out, too.

Hirano Aya got slaughtered by anime fans because of her scandal, essentially ruining her career and it's only just fixing itself. Should I associate you with that incident just because it happened? It seems like that's what you're doing with fans of AKB48. Should the Akihabara attacks be associated with everyone who likes anime? Because that's what happened, the exact same attitude as you're having towards fans of idols.

How about you cut out the attitude. If you have as broad as a demographic as AKB48 you're going to get one or two people who act out infrequently, and the same goes for every medium in every country ever! It's not a problem which you can associate solely with idols and nor does it invite this violence ever!

Your attitude is awful, please notice that your hobby has some pretty questionable things in it too before you start kicking and screaming about the ethics of an industry you just don't understand, but you like to pretend you do.
Lemonchest

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:36 am Reply with quote
MelancholicMaria wrote:
Hoppy800 wrote:

You're absolutely insufferable. You're so mean spirited and judgemental towards such a broad demographic that I'm curious as to if you're just taking the piss now. You can be concerned with the safety of idols, but hey, don't worry they're fine. Of all the years idol groups have been active, very, very few have come to any harm. It's nice to see you call all of these people "nutjobs" and "deranged" among other things at every possible opportunity you get without realising, hey, anime has these odd, insignificant few who lash out, too.

Hirano Aya got slaughtered by anime fans because of her scandal, essentially ruining her career and it's only just fixing itself. Should I associate you with that incident just because it happened? It seems like that's what you're doing with fans of AKB48. Should the Akihabara attacks be associated with everyone who likes anime? Because that's what happened, the exact same attitude as you're having towards fans of idols.

How about you cut out the attitude. If you have as broad as a demographic as AKB48 you're going to get one or two people who act out infrequently, and the same goes for every medium in every country ever! It's not a problem which you can associate solely with idols and nor does it invite this violence ever!

Your attitude is awful, please notice that your hobby has some pretty questionable things in it too before you start kicking and screaming about the ethics of an industry you just don't understand, but you like to pretend you do.

It's alright. You don't have to be ashamed of what you are. Be proud & strong. Don't feel the need to defend yourself or others from the ignorance of strangers. Be free to AKB!
MelancholicMaria

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:47 am Reply with quote
Lemonchest wrote:

[great attempt at trying to be funny.jpg]

It's alright. You don't have to be ashamed of what you are. Be proud & strong. Don't feel the need to defend yourself or others from the ignorance of strangers. Be free to AKB!

Good job posting a fan obviously taking the piss out of himself.

Don't worry about me, I'm not ashamed of myself, it seems that you guys might be a little insecure about your hobby if you're attempting to insult others over their own. Let's not forget what Comiket is for now when you're trying to act superior.
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:25 am Reply with quote
OK, everyone: Just please COOL IT DOWN.

Thank you.
MelancholicMaria

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:58 am Reply with quote
nobahn wrote:

Thank you.

Sure, can't say I'm too keen on the baiting that goes on with every AKB48/idol article though.

But to correct the article that door being smashed was from March 9th 2014 where a fan tripped and hit his head, it is not out of fan rage. (exact image here posted by a user the same day.)
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:34 am Reply with quote
More would have voted in this election than that other election Japan is trying to do

Bill lowering voting age to 18 passed in lower house
razisgosu

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:23 am Reply with quote
MelancholicMaria wrote:
nobahn wrote:

Thank you.

Sure, can't say I'm too keen on the baiting that goes on with every AKB48/idol article though.

But to correct the article that door being smashed was from March 9th 2014 where a fan tripped and hit his head, it is not out of fan rage. (exact image here posted by a user the same day.)

The article should really be updated since its essentially spewing misinformation.

The whole argument in this thread wouldn't have happened if the information provided was correct.
MelancholicMaria

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:56 am Reply with quote
nobahn wrote:

Thank you.
MelancholicMaria wrote:

razisgosu wrote:
The article should really be updated since its essentially spewing misinformation.

The whole argument in this thread wouldn't have happened if the information provided was correct.
{Fixed your inline quotations. ~nobahn}

You're absolutely right. I don't really get why AKB48 gets reported on an anime site (or shoved into the interest section) as it isn't this website's speciality. Very, very few care about AKB48 on the site and whatever is posted just seems to be baiting people on to hate the group or generalise Japanese customs. It's just weird.

Similar things happened with that GRANRODEO bikini concert reporting and it's kinda happening again with the T.M. Revolution all male concert reporting. You can avoid irking people by reporting *why* things happen the way they do. Gendered concerts aren't uncommon and are about opportunity, not sexism or segregating people, it's about audience, and the opportunity to get that audience more involved. The GRANRODEO thing was about making girls safe as GRANRODEO always has women appearing in swimsuits (by the attendees own choice), so they're catering to them who enjoy doing that. It's positive, not dodgy.

But whatever. The truth doesn't quite bring in the clicks like a shocking, "questionable" story does.
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:15 pm Reply with quote
I've removed the broken window information, I'm not sure why it was presented in the Japanese source as something that was entirely false.

Quote:
I don't really get why AKB48 gets reported on an anime site (or shoved into the interest section) as it isn't this website's speciality.

They have a two season anime dedicated to them and many of the idols are also seiyū. J-pop is hugely tied to anime and this group in particular is as well. They'll continue appearing in the Interest section as is relevant.

However, I'm tried of hearing that we're intentionally baiting people who don't like this music. That's not what's going on, period.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Miss Hachiko

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:20 pm Reply with quote
You had to report that ANN?
Really? Way to go off the tangent.

On regular news shows, they simply reported that the general election brought A LOT of tourism to Fukuoka, which was extremely unexpected, and hotels were overbooked.

A lot of fans were nice to one another, as shown here. When Sasshi won, a lot of her fans were happy. Some were quite peaceful, even if their favorites didn't win.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Miss Hachiko wrote:
When Sasshi won, a lot of her fans were happy. Some were quite peaceful, even if their favorites didn't win.

After watching that 5 1/2 minute video, I now take back what I said on my earlier post. Embarassed Oh well, at least the article's fixed...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3