• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
I Can't Understand What My Husband Is Saying (TV) (all seasons).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Agent355

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:44 am Reply with quote

I Can't Understand What My Husband Is Saying (TV)
I Can't Understand What My Husband Is Saying: 2nd Thread (TV)

Genres: comedy, slice of life

Plot Summary: Kaoru is a serious office lady who's passionate about her job. Her husband Hajime, on the other hand, is a hard-core otaku who lives a nearly shut-in lifestyle. Kaoru worries about her husband, but they get along better than you'd think.
----------------------------------

It only took 'till the 11th episode of season 2 to get a thread! Laughing

So Who else is enjoying this wonderfully adorable series of shorts? If you haven't checked it out yet, give it a go. At under 5 minutes an episode, it's really easy to catch up! You'll be amazed at how much plot, character developments, humor, and Otaku references they can squeeze into such a short runtime.

Episode 11, 2nd Thread Glad we're returning to the plot they left off with last season: Kaoru's pregnancy!

Hajime: "Let's go find a better dad to take my place. Don't worry; I'll take responsibility and find one" Heh!

Then they go to the doctor and Hajime is full of questions and worries.
Doctor (I know she's a regular character, forgot her name): "When it comes to your wife, you're a coward."
Hajime: "Well I treat others as more important than myself"
Doctor: That's not the way I think of it. I'm important, so I treat others as important, too."

I love how this show gets to the root of psychological undercurrents of characters in just a couple lines of dialogue. Very insightful.

But the sweetest part was at the end, when Hajime sensed all of Kaoru's worries and reassured her about how she was needed even though she'll have to take it easy at work. I think he'll make a great dad (A stay-at-home one, at that!)
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:16 pm Reply with quote
I've been keeping up with this show and it's a fun ride actually especially seeing what the good couple do each week (including bits of their past) as well as the references from other anime series.

I think last week's episode showed spoiler[Himegoto], the MC who is supposed to be a spoiler[trap] on TV. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1