• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Pokémon's Misty Already Has Merchandise in the Works

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nonaka Machine Gun B

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:04 pm Reply with quote
Is it too soon to ask to skip to Gardenia, Maylene, and Candice?

Either way, this should be nice.
pauladls

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:49 pm Reply with quote
I want Sabrina Crying or Very sad
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:53 pm Reply with quote
Erika please
RitsuLaw

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:58 pm Reply with quote
pauladls wrote:

Second that.
I wonder if they'll go all the way to the next gens too? It would be awesome if we get a Clair and Elesa too. Wallace and Steven would also be great(even tho steven's not a gym leader but oh well)
Touma

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:02 pm Reply with quote
After the article says "Misty's sprite sports a bathing suit and the merchandise should look something like this: "
I am seeing a very, very, very tiny black and white image that looks like it might be Misty in a two-piece bathing suit.
Is that all that there is (the actual sprite maybe)?
Or am I missing the big picture (so to speak) because I am blocking a script or something?

In any case, I will definitely be interested in seeing the figure. I have always liked Misty (I just cannot think of her as Kasumi.)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Fronzel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:14 pm Reply with quote
Touma wrote:
I am seeing a very, very, very tiny black and white image that looks like it might be Misty in a two-piece bathing suit.
Is that all that there is (the actual sprite maybe)?
Or am I missing the big picture (so to speak) because I am blocking a script or something?

It's a Gameboy sprite so I guess its resolution is tiny.

Touma wrote:
I have always liked Misty (I just cannot think of her as Kasumi.)

(paragraphs of weeaboo spluttering)
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Ah, yes, Misty was my favorite character of the initial season of Pokémon. Her adventures with Ash and Brock were fun, particularly within the Johto region. I'm ecstatic that there will some goodies of her.
TheAnagelic1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:36 pm Reply with quote
RitsuLaw wrote:
pauladls wrote:

Second that.
I wonder if they'll go all the way to the next gens too? It would be awesome if we get a Clair and Elesa too. Wallace and Steven would also be great(even tho steven's not a gym leader but oh well)

Next year is the 20th Anniversary of the Pokemon franchise in Japan, so this maybe a small part of R/B's Anniversary, starting now then ending with Giovanni by the end of the anniversary promotions.

But hey, these might be popular/sell well enough to demand other generations' Gym Leaders to get the same treatment. Smile
Hakajin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:20 pm Reply with quote
TheAnagelic1 wrote:

Next year is the 20th Anniversary of the Pokemon franchise in Japan, so this maybe a small part of R/B's Anniversary, starting now then ending with Giovanni by the end of the anniversary promotions.

But hey, these might be popular/sell well enough to demand other generations' Gym Leaders to get the same treatment. Smile

Ah, I wonder if they'll bring back Misty and/or Brock on the show? I hope so... Pokeshipping was my OTP for so long, and I still like it a little too much. Haven't watched the show in a long time, but I'd love to see Ash and Misty together again, even for just an episode or two.

{Edit: Please don't over-quote. Thanks. ~ Psycho 101}
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:22 am Reply with quote
I wonder if they'll get to the Elite Four members. They don't get remembered nearly as much...which means they're unlikely to get quite as much treatment.
Juhachi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:24 am Reply with quote
If they do Sabrina eventually, they better keep that whip. Laughing
TheAnagelic1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:29 am Reply with quote
Hakajin wrote:
TheAnagelic1 wrote:

Ah, I wonder if they'll bring back Misty and/or Brock on the show? I hope so... Pokeshipping was my OTP for so long, and I still like it a little too much. Haven't watched the show in a long time, but I'd love to see Ash and Misty together again, even for just an episode or two.
Not sure about that since the 10th Anniversary special (Mastermind of Mirage Pokemon) that had Misty in it was an American produced special, but it would be a shame if the actual show writers did not do anything to mark 20 years on the air as well as the fact the anime is only around 100ish episodes to go before it reaches the milestone of 1000 episodes.

I'd be interested to see what Game Freak would have played too. Maybe a home console remake of Red/Blue or heck, Red2/Green2...
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:57 pm Reply with quote
TheAnagelic1 wrote:
I'd be interested to see what Game Freak would have played too. Maybe a home console remake of Red/Blue or heck, Red2/Green2...

...or, better yet, the Yellow Version, since Pikachu is the starter Pokémon there.
precita

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:12 pm Reply with quote
Misty will probably never appear in the anime ever again, beyond stuff like flashbacks or in Japanese ending themes. She actually hasn't gotten an episode in 10 years since the end of Hoenn. The writers have completely buried the character and allowed her to be forgotten in the same manner Tracey was.

They're pushing Serena's crush on Ash heavily in the XY anime, so I don't think the writers care about Misty or Pokeshipping anymore. Granted they stopped caring about Misty mid-way into Hoenn when they realized they had no reason to ever bring her back after May became popular. Misty hasn't appeared in an episode since 2005 which is now an entire decade ago.
ARC-1300

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Nonaka Machine Gun B wrote:
Is it too soon to ask to skip to Gardenia, Maylene, and Candice?

Either way, this should be nice.

Flannery/Asuna or GTFO
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2