• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Game's '0.2' Part Will Use Kingdom Hearts III Technology

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sakurazuka_Reika

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:38 am Reply with quote
Y'know, the name does make sense to me.

Now I am struck with the dilemma of whether I should but KH:DDD for the 3DS or not. I will play the new version anyways, so maybe I just shouldn't bother.
AnimeAddict2014

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:15 am Reply with quote
I'm new to the Kingdom Heart series so i thought Kingdom heart 1.5 and 2.5 are good games to start with

so at least i'll understand the story..

but now i'm confused Rolling Eyes 0.2 ? 2.8??

i hope at least i know what is what after palying KH 1.5 and 2.5..
Lili-Hime

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:39 am Reply with quote
AnimeAddict2014 wrote:
I'm new to the Kingdom Heart series so i thought Kingdom heart 1.5 and 2.5 are good games to start with

I guess they named it 2.8 because it's supposed to be a prologue to 3, and comes after 2.5? 0.2 would be I guess the sequel to Birth By Sleep (which is basically a prequel or Kingdom Hearts 0).

If you play them all in order of release you should be fine.

Kingdom Hearts 1 > Chain of Memories > Kingdom Hearts 2 > 358/2 days movie > Birth by Sleep > Re: Coded movie > Dream Drop Distance (HD version is in 2.8).

There's also this video that explains things (spoiler heavy for all games)
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:06 am Reply with quote
Lili-Hime wrote:
I guess they named it 2.8 because it's supposed to be a prologue to 3, and comes after 2.5? 0.2 would be I guess the sequel to Birth By Sleep (which is basically a prequel or Kingdom Hearts 0).

But x.75 is squarely between x.5 and x.0, so does that means that 2.8 takes places just after the middle point (on the franchise's timeline) or something? Anime dazed

P.S. I love Japan's naming conventions.
Adv193

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:03 am Reply with quote
Lili-Hime wrote:
AnimeAddict2014 wrote:

If you play them all in order of release you should be fine.

Kingdom Hearts 1 > Chain of Memories > Kingdom Hearts 2 > 358/2 days movie > Birth by Sleep > Re: Coded movie > Dream Drop Distance (HD version is in 2.8).

There's also this video that explains things (spoiler heavy for all games)

I would also recommend 358/2 Days and Re:Coded's original DS games if you want to fully play them, but it is alright if you don't have them.
ajtpak

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:18 am Reply with quote
this was a bit obvious when they showed the back of Aqua's head for the 0.2 part. It's going to be really cool to see how a KH game will look on unreal engine.
Dessa

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:52 am Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
Lili-Hime wrote:

But x.75 is squarely between x.5 and x.0, so does that means that 2.8 takes places just after the middle point (on the franchise's timeline) or something? @_@

[x] is 0. BBS is 0.1 (before KH1). In the article, Nomura stated that 0.2 comes after 0.1, hence it's name.

It also explained that 3D would be 2.6 (after 2.5, before 3, and 3D does take place basically right after 2), but with BBS 0.2 added on, 2.6 + 0.2 = 2.8, hence the title.
Shirohae

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:10 pm Reply with quote
DAMN IT I NEED A PS4!!! Sad
BigHeadClan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Aw, I was really hoping to get full remake of all of the games for the PS4.
KH91

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
Hameyadea wrote:
Lili-Hime wrote:

But x.75 is squarely between x.5 and x.0, so does that means that 2.8 takes places just after the middle point (on the franchise's timeline) or something? Anime dazed

[x] is 0. BBS is 0.1 (before KH1). In the article, Nomura stated that 0.2 comes after 0.1, hence it's name.

Remember when Nomura said prior to BBS's release that BBS is Episode 0/ KH 0. The beginning of the secret episode of BBS Final Mix has 1 for KH1, 0 for BBS, and so on. 0 was not referring to X[Chi]. lol He moved BBS from 0 to 0.1. Now its the only numbered title game with a decimal point in it.
AnimeAddict2014

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:10 pm Reply with quote
@Lili-Hime and @Adv193

thanks for the tips Smile

I'll start with 1.5 and 2.5 and go from there.

I'm curious of why they don't make Kingdom Heart series like Final Fantasy.. each with its own stand alone world/story?

with so many games over various game platforms it can be confusing to new gamers
Funbroken

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:18 pm Reply with quote
You guys are idiots the title make complete sense... add 2.8 and 0.2....it equals 3.
Lili-Hime

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:13 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:

It also explained that 3D would be 2.6 (after 2.5, before 3, and 3D does take place basically right after 2), but with BBS 0.2 added on, 2.6 + 0.2 = 2.8, hence the title.

So much math!!!! Shocked
se37

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:57 pm Reply with quote
I'm starting to get a headache from these remakes and numbering system. I understand the the reason for the original 2 HD remakes due to the age of the games, adding Final Mix with the new game coming out to get caught up in the storyline (plus with games that were on less popular systems). However, Drop Dream Distance (which honestly is the worst game to me, it made me no longer like the series) just came out a few years ago and they are already remaking the game.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
AnimeAddict2014

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:24 pm Reply with quote
se37 wrote:
I'm starting to get a headache from these remakes and numbering system.

for someone who is new to the series...it's a foreign language to me.

I don't even know the names of some kingdom heart games they mentioned.

i assume the best starting points would be 1.5 and 2.5 collection on the PS3 and just go from there.. the ones on Nintendo or other systems are out of my reach...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2