• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Anime Studio 'Geno Studio' to Complete Genocidal Organ Anime Film

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Razor/Edge

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:55 am Reply with quote
Thank the anime Gods for this. I was very worried about this movie. So glad to hear it will be finished up after all. Even though it means the movie won't come out for a quite a bit longer. I just hope the quality is as good as the rest of the movie and it's not obvious that a different studio did different scenes, as that could be distracting.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:13 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The announcement stated that the staff hopes to release the film by the end of 2016, but added that there is no specific time period to announce yet.

That's going to be a long wait assuming they can finish it then. Oh well at least the film isn't being abandoned yet as a project.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Paulo27

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:35 am Reply with quote
I just don't really understand why they need to take so long now, it's like Manglobe closed like 2 months before the movie screened, sure, they delayed it once but they only delayed it for a month, and now you're saying a whole year? Would this movie have been the most incomplete thing ever if Manglobe didn't close down? And if Manglobe only asked for a month at the time it means they weren't only 75% done and likely only had to apply the finishing touchs, these guys are making it sound like they are making this from scratch.
mgosdin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:41 am Reply with quote
It's not how far Manglobe was into the film so much as it is the time that the new Geno Studio needs to come online. Likely there will be many many issues ( Offices, equipment, support staff, and the last set of materials from Manglobe. ) for them to overcome before the first animator even gets to sit down at a desk.

A year is kind of optimistic, especially in light of the bankruptcy & the ever present lawyers.

Mark Gosdin
relyat08

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:01 am Reply with quote
Paulo27 wrote:
I just don't really understand why they need to take so long now, it's like Manglobe closed like 2 months before the movie screened, sure, they delayed it once but they only delayed it for a month, and now you're saying a whole year? Would this movie have been the most incomplete thing ever if Manglobe didn't close down? And if Manglobe only asked for a month at the time it means they weren't only 75% done and likely only had to apply the finishing touchs, these guys are making it sound like they are making this from scratch.

From the sounds of it, yeah. Based on the animation work throughout Gangsta. it doesn't seem like too much of a stretch to think that this film was looking pretty rough, even this close to release. Isuspect they will be doing a lot of redrawing and touching up throughout the film, not just finishing up the last few minutes.
Themaster20000

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:06 am Reply with quote
It's great the staff on the project have a job again. Really happy the film is getting finished now(the one out of the three I was most looking forward to).
Wandering Samurai

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:10 am Reply with quote
A year from now is better than never. In a month we get Star Wars Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
traveling

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:17 am Reply with quote
Themaster20000 wrote:
It's great the staff on the project have a job again. Really happy the film is getting finished now(the one out of the three I was most looking forward to).

Yeah, the main staff. Most of the animators and whatnot are still out of a job.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:06 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully we'll get to see this. I'm always pleased to hear about new studios doing projects.
Paulo27

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:32 pm Reply with quote
traveling wrote:
Themaster20000 wrote:

Yeah, the main staff. Most of the animators and whatnot are still out of a job.
Most anime staff works as freelancers most of the time, being tied to a study doesn't really mean they have a job 24/7 or that they only work when that study is working, but yeah, still sucks.
KH91

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:33 pm Reply with quote
I'm just happy that Kami responded to my...no...our prayers. Thank you big guy!
configspace

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:51 pm Reply with quote
Reminds me of the transition of ADV to neo-ADV (Sentai, Section23, TAN, et. al.) basically as a way to shake off the debt. Same people. Same neighbourhood.
MasterSword23

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:49 pm Reply with quote
Reminds me of Gantz. Man do I want a reboot of that.
Yuki_Kun45
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:09 pm Reply with quote
Paulo27 wrote:

It's not unusual for anime to be worked on down the wire so hard to say how much more work needed to be done to finish the movie.
kevinx59

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:29 pm Reply with quote
Aww yeah, awesome news. Its a shame about what happened to manglobe, but I'm glad that at least this film will be finished. Now if only the same thing happened to Dreaming Machine...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2