• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Newspaper: Love Live!'s μ's Members' Contracts Expire in April

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:54 pm Reply with quote
I guess it's all Love Live Sunshine after the farewell....I mean graduation concert huh....

Still, I wish they could renew the contract consider a franchise this huge.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:27 pm Reply with quote
So basically, we need you to move over to the sunshine girls now otaku and fujoshi.

This will not stop the figures and straps and everything else though I bet.
WashuTakahashi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:32 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone know when the tickets will go on sale, or how to get them as a foreigner? I'm lucky enough that my trip to Japan overlaps with the concert, and I'd love to go...I've heard they're usually lotteries? I'd die happy if I got to see u's before the end...
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:33 pm Reply with quote
I know it is too early but I would like to say to them thanks for the wonderful ride. I love µ's and the seiyuus who work hard and put not just their voices but their hearts and minds to make this franchise a worldwide successful. I wish them the best in their future.
CallumKeyblade

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:42 pm Reply with quote
It isn't too surprising. Recent interviews have suggested that some of the seiyuu want to pursue their own careers rather than being tied so closely to Love Live! which I think is pretty fair. In April they'll have been part of Love Live! for nearly six years which is a long time. I'm thankful for all the happiness they've given fans and hope they've had a wonderful time.
omiya

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:58 pm Reply with quote
WashuTakahashi wrote:
Does anyone know when the tickets will go on sale, or how to get them as a foreigner? I'm lucky enough that my trip to Japan overlaps with the concert, and I'd love to go...I've heard they're usually lotteries? I'd die happy if I got to see u's before the end...

My usual recommendation is to follow any official twitter accounts of the artists involved and view them in a browser like chrome/chromium with its translation option if you can't read Japanese to find out when the ticket lotteries will be announced.

If there are any official fanclubs for the artists involved it's best to join them early as fanclub members get earlier ticket lotteries. (Sometimes first release copies of CD's or concert blu-rays contain application coupons for entry into a particular ticket lottery).

In both cases you need a friend in Japan or deputy service that can handle the memberships and ticket lotteries for you as they don't work outside Japan.

As an example of how far in advance ticket sales can be, a ticket lottery for Chiaki Ishikawa fan club members for a June 2016 concert was held in November 2015 (ie more than 6 months in advance).

Other than that, some people get ticket via Yahoo auctions but there is the risk that names on tickets will be checked on entry and you might be refused entry.

I hope this helps you.
Ojamajo LimePie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:15 pm Reply with quote
WashuTakahashi wrote:

A lottery ticket is included with the blu-ray for the movie. A Japanese postal address is required to enter, though. If you have any friends who live in Japan, see if they'll let you use their address (I'll be doing this.)
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:41 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
My usual recommendation is to follow any official twitter accounts of the artists involved and view them in a browser like chrome/chromium with its translation option if you can't read Japanese to find out when the ticket lotteries will be announced.
Twitter itself actually has a translate option. Works on mobile app, firefox, chrome, and IE last I checked.
WashuTakahashi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Ojamajo LimePie wrote:

omiya wrote:

Thank you both for the insight! I have a Japanese address through the website Tenso, so that's not a problem at least. I thought there were usually separate lotteries for foreigners though? Or at least a friend told me that regarding AKB concerts. Or does that not apply this time around? I wouldn't mind buying the blu-ray for the movie since it can be played on NA blu-rays, I just hope it has English subtitles or I'll be less willing to shell out the money for only a CHANCE to win...well, fingers crossed!
Yuri Fan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:12 pm Reply with quote
John Hayabusa wrote:
I know it is too early but I would like to say to them thanks for the wonderful ride. I love µ's and the seiyuus who work hard and put not just their voices but their hearts and minds to make this franchise a worldwide successful. I wish them the best in their future.

Couldn't had said it better myself. The world will be a sadder place without them...
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:13 pm Reply with quote
Not surprised that the muse brand is being retired, at the very least it can be taken from the positive response from the Movie that there fame is ending at its peak.

Hopefully Sunshine will be a worthy follow up.
omiya

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:37 pm Reply with quote
WashuTakahashi wrote:
I thought there were usually separate lotteries for foreigners though? Or at least a friend told me that regarding AKB concerts. Or does that not apply this time around? I wouldn't mind buying the blu-ray for the movie since it can be played on NA blu-rays, I just hope it has English subtitles or I'll be less willing to shell out the money for only a CHANCE to win...well, fingers crossed!

I've never encountered lotteries for foreigners (not that I've followed AKB-related groups).

Concert blu-rays from Japan tend to be region free anyway and I've never encountered subtitles on them apart from Joe Hisaishi's Hayao Miyazaki concerts from 2008 released in 2009. They are still enjoyable though.

The key factor with the coupon included with the first release blu-ray is the closing date for applications and being able to submit an application in time. You may need someone in Japan to receive such a blu-ray and make application for you rather than ordering the blu-ray yourself and sending the details from the application coupon back to someone in Japan.

CD Japan is good about distinguishing the first press copies from general release copies if you are considering ordering one.
WashuTakahashi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:56 pm Reply with quote
omiya wrote:
The key factor with the coupon included with the first release blu-ray is the closing date for applications and being able to submit an application in time. You may need someone in Japan to receive such a blu-ray and make application for you rather than ordering the blu-ray yourself and sending the details from the application coupon back to someone in Japan.

Oh man, you can't enter the code from the US? I've used CD Japan before and trust them, but I don't have any friends in Japan to pass the code to sadly :/ I have a friend here that speaks/reads Japanese, but it sounds like you have to be in Japan?
sakurablossom143

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:06 pm Reply with quote
So uhhh... if the LLSIF game still is popular by that time next year...will the Sunshine girls be taking over for adding new material to the game? Just wondering...
WashuTakahashi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:14 pm Reply with quote
sakurablossom143 wrote:
So uhhh... if the LLSIF game still is popular by that time next year...will the Sunshine girls be taking over for adding new material to the game? Just wondering...

No confirmation yet. The English game is a year behind the Japanese game, so it should at least stay up for a year after. There are currently 3 theories floating around.

1. Game continues, but Aquors cards start getting released instead of u's.
2. Game ends, separate game for Aquors is made
3. Game just ends (seems the most unlikely)

I'm hoping for #1, but who knows :/
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2