• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Pokkén Tournament Fighting Game Gets Official Controller in N. America, Japan

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaRoss

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:14 pm Reply with quote
It's ironic that a friend of mine and I were just watching and gushing over footage for Pokken Tournament last night and now they've announced that there will be this controller released for it. Will definitely be keeping an eye out for it so I can get one when the game launches here.
ETX

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:27 pm Reply with quote
I'm beginning to wonder if the people in charge of finding stuff to make articles are just severely slow on the uptake or they live under a rock. The fact that EU and US copies of Pokken Tournament would be getting the official controller was announced literally weeks ago.
DisneyLM

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:14 am Reply with quote
In the coming months next year, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that (Notice the grey parts on the controller) Turns out that the NX Controller will have the middle part of the controller to put out like a Cassettee Tape and that enabled the Portable version, and to play on the home console just simple put it back in.
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:04 am Reply with quote
ETX wrote:
I'm beginning to wonder if the people in charge of finding stuff to make articles are just severely slow on the uptake or they live under a rock. The fact that EU and US copies of Pokken Tournament would be getting the official controller was announced literally weeks ago.
Not trying to sound rude, but I would say that's because they're not a video game site, first and foremost. They primarily focus on anime, and for that, their stuff breaks earlier than anywhere else I see online. Gaming stuff is a few days old sometimes (most of the time, it's really only a day or two,) but I'd say that's because it's not their focus, you know?

Again, I'm not trying to be confrontational, I just feel like gaming isn't really their focus, I guess.
NateSelwyn25

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:35 am Reply with quote
So I guess all those Gamecube controllers released for Super Smash Brothers Wii U are not being used for other games. God I hope this doesn't become a new trend.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:02 pm Reply with quote
It feels kind of weird for this controller to be used only for Pokkén Tournament. Couldn't it be used for other stuff, like, say, Smash Bros.? (Can the Wii U GamePad be used playing Pokkén Tournament?)
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:47 pm Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:
It feels kind of weird for this controller to be used only for Pokkén Tournament. Couldn't it be used for other stuff, like, say, Smash Bros.? (Can the Wii U GamePad be used playing Pokkén Tournament?)

I'd assume so given that it be weird for it not to be compatible with the game as the gamepad is the primary controller for the system.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1