• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bandai Namco Files Trademark for 'Ultimate Ninja Blazing' in Europe

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nyren

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:36 am Reply with quote
.... Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 literally just came out in the US yesterday, let alone Japan about a week ago, and now there's already names swirling for the next title in the series? Where could they possible go with it? Boruto hasn't even started yet and the follow-up stories hardly have enough material to warrant storylines. The only thing they could possibly do is package the entirety of Naruto and Naruto Shippuden into a single game, and thats been done before albeit not with the degree of polish and care the numbered entries get.

Here I thought they were done with Naruto and were gonna move on to a new Dot Hack or tackle another series like DBZ or Bleach.
Shirohae

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:52 am Reply with quote
WHOA! Shocked
Narutofreak1412

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:41 am Reply with quote
I think it will be like Generations and Revolutions: A game with no real storyline that focuses on other gameplay elements. Maybe they will finally add a real 4 player mode?

And a year after that a Boruto themed game can come out.
Primus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:58 am Reply with quote
Nyren wrote:
.... Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 literally just came out in the US yesterday, let alone Japan about a week ago, and now there's already names swirling for the next title in the series?

Nothing says this is the next big home console Naruto game. It could be DLC, a handheld game, a mobile game, some Impact-esque spinoff, etc.
Rupio

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:18 am Reply with quote
I really want a new 2d naruto fighting game as in the ninja taisen series.
These Storm series games give a lot of value for the naruto fan (with the big story mode and what not) but I find the whole 3d big fighting arena just not 'nice' to play.
I literally game up 15 min after playing Storm3 and the just released part 4 looks just the same.
It has the same problems as the DBZ games, the placement of the characters just doesnt works right for me in 'full' 3d (where in dbz you could also go up).

I had somewhat of hope that this might be a latest version of a ninja taisen game but as that series was made by other people then bandai so I dont think that is going to happen Sad

Dont know how the copyright for the naruto games works these days, if can still have hope for a playable 2d naruto game (even made by bandai?) or have to stick with the old ones...
SageModeKakarot

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:44 am Reply with quote
Nyren wrote:
.... Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 literally just came out in the US yesterday, let alone Japan about a week ago, and now there's already names swirling for the next title in the series? Where could they possible go with it? Boruto hasn't even started yet and the follow-up stories hardly have enough material to warrant storylines. The only thing they could possibly do is package the entirety of Naruto and Naruto Shippuden into a single game, and thats been done before albeit not with the degree of polish and care the numbered entries get.

Here I thought they were done with Naruto and were gonna move on to a new Dot Hack or tackle another series like DBZ or Bleach.

could just be covering their bases just in case they want to use the names in the future

game company's do it all the time

or it could be the same thing as Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Full Burst where they re-release the game with all the DLC and more added content
anddo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:25 am Reply with quote
CC2 please just make a Hunter x Hunter game.
ETX

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:26 am Reply with quote
FYI, these trademarks have been around for several months.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:53 am Reply with quote
Rupio wrote:

I literally game up 15 min after playing Storm3 and the just released part 4 looks just the same.

Storm 4 has subtle and not so subtle differences visually from it's last gen counterparts.

Rupio wrote:

Dont know how the copyright for the naruto games works these days, if can still have hope for a playable 2d naruto game (even made by bandai?) or have to stick with the old ones...

No one publisher has exclusive rights to make games with the license but for whatever reason Bandai-Namco are the only one's making games as of this writing.
SageModeKakarot

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:01 am Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
No one publisher has exclusive rights to make games with the license but for whatever reason Bandai-Namco are the only one's making games as of this writing.

actually i'm pretty sure Bandai Namco does now have exclusive rights to the Naruto franchise because the rights are distributed by system they are released on

they also have it with Dragon Ball too

i think at one point they only had rights to make Naruto on PlayStation hence why the first Storm game was only on PlayStation and we got the Rise of a Ninja/Broken Bond by Ubisoft on XBOX and Clash of Ninja by Nintendo on Wii but now they have them for all systems
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:17 pm Reply with quote
SageModeKakarot wrote:

actually i'm pretty sure Bandai Namco does now have exclusive rights to the Naruto franchise because the rights are distributed by system they are released on

I assume this is because Tomy and Ubisoft decided to stop publishing Naruto games leaving Bandai-Namco as the sole publisher of Naruto games by default.

SageModeKakarot wrote:

i think at one point they only had rights to make Naruto on PlayStation hence why the first Storm game was only on PlayStation

I think that was by choice rather than someone telling they could only publish Naruto games for the Playstation. But then with the special circumstances with the PS3 at the time that lead to them deciding to bring the Storm games to the 360 and eventually the PC.

SageModeKakarot wrote:

and we got the Rise of a Ninja/Broken Bond by Ubisoft on XBOX and Clash of Ninja by Nintendo on Wii but now they have them for all systems

Well they have Storm for all platforms......sans Nintendo platforms and with the 4th game no last gen platforms.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Most likely a mobile game, but I hope it's back to the 2D fighting like the UN games.

ETX wrote:

Right?! It seems everyone forgot lol
rikku45

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 7:49 am Reply with quote
I would like a story mode game with original content, kinda like uzumaki chronicles or even the 2d style fight games from the ps2.
Primus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:44 pm Reply with quote
ETX wrote:

The first line in the article:
Quote:
Bandai Namco Entertainment filed a trademark for "Ultimate Ninja Blazing" in Europe on Tuesday. Bandai Namco Entertainment filed a similarly named "Narutimate Blazing" trademark in Japan last September, along with "Narutimate Braves" and "Narutimate Wars."

BadNewsBlues wrote:
I think that was by choice rather than someone telling they could only publish Naruto games for the Playstation. But then with the special circumstances with the PS3 at the time that lead to them deciding to bring the Storm games to the 360 and eventually the PC.

It wasn't by choice. You'll notice that Bandai Namco is the only one to publish games on multiple platforms and that was only after Ubisoft and Takara Tomy stopped making Naruto games. The license seemed to have been split by platform brand (Takara Tomy = Nintendo, Bandai Namco = PlayStation, Ubisoft = Xbox) until two of them dropped the series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1