• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Pacific Rim 2 Gets Daredevil/Spartacus Showrunner Steven DeKnight as Director

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MajorZero

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:58 am Reply with quote
Hopefully Del Toro decided to direct Justice League Dark. While I loved PR, supernatural stuff with crazy gothic visuals is what he really good at.
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:33 am Reply with quote
So Pacific Rim 2 really is still going for now well I for one am still looking forward to seeing it completed however long it may take. Smile
GEO9875

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:47 am Reply with quote
Hyped down to 0 if Guillermo isn't the director.
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:13 am Reply with quote
Is this due to del Toro having another project or Legendary/Universal not trusting him with big budget anymore after Crimson Peak bombed?

I'm hoping he's involved at least as creative consultant.... please? Sad
Lycosyncer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:29 am Reply with quote
After seeing Crimson Peak bomb at the box office, it's really no surprise to see why Legendary/Universal would not trust Del Toro to living up to their box office expectations because the fact that Pacific Rim barely broke even and that film is his highest grossing film says a lot of how much studios don't trust him with big budgets.

Anyways, having someone like Steven DeKnight is surprising because despite how great he did with Daredevil Season 1, he's never directed a film before and will this make him a breakout director? Who knows but I am definitely intrigued and will give him a chance.

As for Del Toro, I wonder if he's now deciding to work on that Justice League Dark movie that he wants to get off the ground.
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:46 am Reply with quote
Crimson Peak didn't really bomb, because it was cheap enough to break even on home video. It just didn't make waves at the box office.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:07 am Reply with quote
When you tackle projects like this, "Pacific Rim 2" will be even further delayed from development. If I was them, I would concentrate on making this sequel then concentrate on these other movies.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1