• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hunter x Hunter Manga to Return for 1st Time Since August 2014

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:00 am Reply with quote
Yes! About time! I hope it won't go on hiatus again soon though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Яeverse

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:01 am Reply with quote
What chapter did he end it last time? What chapter do I as an anime watcher start at?
tintor2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:10 am Reply with quote
Zagnaphein

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:10 am Reply with quote
Яeverse wrote:
What chapter did he end it last time? What chapter do I as an anime watcher start at?

Dont bother yet there are 5 chapters after the Ellection arc and u will be pissed while waiting.. it's been 2 years since togashi had his *back pains* we all know dont we?

And there is a new Monster Quest game comming so dont hope for more then 1-2 chapters..
xMemorie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:11 am Reply with quote
Яeverse wrote:

Start on chapter 340.
Pariston_Hill

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:13 am Reply with quote
Some good news finally
Karl2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:14 am Reply with quote
Яeverse wrote:

It ended on chapter 339 and only 9 chapters came after it.
Admiral Pizzaman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:17 am Reply with quote
FINALLY, HIATUS X HIATUS IS OVER!!! The only think I'm wondering now is whether or not should I resume reading it. Hunter X Hunter 2011 was fun because I didn't read its manga at that time. Also I hardly watch its first anime when was a kid. Should I make a bet that one day the anime by Madhouse will resume it?
Saku-dono

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:20 am Reply with quote
Okay, this is good news to fans, but I am so ambivalent to be optimistic in this. How many more hiatuses will Togashi take until Jump finally drops him off? I just can't seem to accept this guy manages to take long hiatuses while other mangakas work their arses off just to stay in Jump's roster. Just to be fair, I know his series is selling like hotcakes, but what about the other mangakas' effort and devotion? I wanna see a Bakuman-esque twist happening sooner or later.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:21 am Reply with quote
Yaaaaaay 5 more chapters.
Chrysostomus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:27 am Reply with quote
Yes, please... Being a HxH is an endless wave of suffering. We need some stress relief from time to time, don't we Togashi?
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:27 am Reply with quote
Finish the damn story ..you SOB..quit it with all these hiatuses
Wyvern

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:40 am Reply with quote
I dropped the manga originally during the Chimera Ant arc because it felt so painfully drawn out, but after seeing the whole arc in the anime, I have to say that the storyline is actually paced very well, rarely sticking to one sequence for longer than it needs to. It just FELT painfully long in the manga, because the constant hiatuses meant it took nine years to come out; but the anime adapted the whole thing in about 14 months..

I love HxH but I'm not going back to it until the Dark Continent arc is completed (and preferably animated) so I can enjoy the whole thing at a decent pace. I realize this probably means I'll be waiting into the next decade, but them's the breaks in Togashi Land.
Valhern

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:43 am Reply with quote
Saku-dono wrote:
Okay, this is good news to fans, but I am so ambivalent to be optimistic in this. How many more hiatuses will Togashi take until Jump finally drops him off? I just can't seem to accept this guy manages to take long hiatuses while other mangakas work their arses off just to stay in Jump's roster. Just to be fair, I know his series is selling like hotcakes, but what about the other mangakas' effort and devotion? I wanna see a Bakuman-esque twist happening sooner or later.

Well, there IS a reason for that. Yu Yu Hakusho is known for its somewhat abrupt (yet very good to me) ending, and it was born from a dispute with Togashi and his editor, apparently the core problem was the schedule (maybe Togashi wanted to work like Miura in Berserk, monthly and 18 pages). YYH ending was decidely not good for the Jump, and when they saw how much HxH outdid YYH, they realized it was not a good idea to drop it off.

And to be fair, while I do respect a lot mangakas that devote themselves to an almost unhealthy work (seriously, a weekly mangaka schedule is incredibly exhausting), I'd prefer for them stopping for a while and bring better content than rush to fill the week, it's what happened to me with One Piece, I fell out of love with it past chapter 600 or so, and while I kept reading it, I felt that the long run has been wearing down Oda a lot both in writing and health.

Because their work IS commendable, mangakas should have a better schedule for work, with less pressure from editors and publishing companies, but I don't see this in a near future, sadly.
diefty

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:44 am Reply with quote
Better to not get too optimistic.
I give him 10 weeks tops before he goes back to hiatus, i personally bet on 9 chapters, just enough to make a full volume to sell and bring in some cash.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6