• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: J.C. Staff Debuts Taboo Tattoo Battle Action TV Anime in July

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pandoraking

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:26 am Reply with quote
noooice, one more reason to watch this. summer already looking good
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:30 am Reply with quote
After over a year of the initial announcement, suddenly news lol

JC Staff seems like a decent choice for this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:43 am Reply with quote
A middle-schooler? *sigh*
Catsplay

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:25 pm Reply with quote
Seems interesting. Getting Shakugan No Shana vibes from this, which makes sense since Takashi Watanabe is working on this. Looking forward to July.
Blackwolf0925

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:45 pm Reply with quote
I will not be watching this one. I was reading this for a while before it became localized. I stop reading it after a while because I did not like the direction is was heading towards. For everybody else hope you guys enjoy, but for me I have been soured by this particular series.
relyat08

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Calling it a "Stylish Action Epic" makes it sound soo cool. Not often do these sorts of things pan out though.
Ali07

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:06 am Reply with quote
Blackwolf0925 wrote:
I will not be watching this one. I was reading this for a while before it became localized. I stop reading it after a while because I did not like the direction is was heading towards. For everybody else hope you guys enjoy, but for me I have been soured by this particular series.

May I ask what it was that made you drop it? I know it's a spoiler...but you've intrigued me. Laughing
Blackwolf0925

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:21 am Reply with quote
spoiler[I will say the main love interest dies right when you see some progress in these two characters getting together. I should have seen it coming it the chapters before but I really did not like how they just offed her.]It may not be something to tremendous but as a person who was enjoying the development that really seem like a slap to the face.
Ali07

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:40 am Reply with quote
@Blackwolf0925 - Oh, that does sound kind of disappointing. Personally, spoiler[romantic developments are what I like to see the most. So, knowing that they kill a character] does disappoint. Unsure if you stuck around long enough, but spoiler[any idea if they just completely dropped any romantic plot after this death?]
Blackwolf0925

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:32 pm Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:
@Blackwolf0925 - Oh, that does sound kind of disappointing. Personally, spoiler[romantic developments are what I like to see the most. So, knowing that they kill a character] does disappoint. Unsure if you stuck around long enough, but spoiler[any idea if they just completely dropped any romantic plot after this death?]

spoiler[Don't know if they did or not, but I did stick around a bit after that. It seemed to me that he was going all Sasuke like afterwards. Which is understandable. Though the way they transition the following chapters into a flashback was really souring.] I stop reading afterwards.
Ali07

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:43 am Reply with quote
Ah, I see. Thanks for the info. I may be tentative as to how invested into this I get. Laughing
GarethXL

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:06 am Reply with quote
isn't this a little late to adaptation since it's been going on for quite some time now but not really a best seller.

me i personally stop right around where the author went HxH/Berserk and went on a hiatus. just can't get into the grove to catch back up on the series.
Ali07

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:22 pm Reply with quote
GarethXL wrote:
isn't this a little late to adaptation since it's been going on for quite some time now but not really a best seller.

While it has been going since 2009, it only has 3 more volumes than My Hero Academia. Which, is what I think the production would be looking at, volume count rather than number of years.

Hell, Parasyte got an anime years after it ended publication. So, time might not be that big of a factor in some cases.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1