• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: XSEED Games to Release Corpse Party's 3DS Port

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CatSword

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:51 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The Nintendo 3DS game will get a "Back to School Edition" physical release for US$49.99

Yesss! I am more than happy to pay the additional $20 despite my little interest in the figurines just to support physical releases of these games.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:41 pm Reply with quote
So as some one who's played the PSP games, what incentive is there to pick up the 3DS version?
NegativeZero

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
So as some one who's played the PSP games, what incentive is there to pick up the 3DS version?

They added a chapter and updated some of the character art a little.

The whole thing is very confusing because of the addition of the PC game which is an older doujin version (and itself a remake of an even older PC-88 game from 1996!). For the PSP version 5pb took it, cleaned it up, added better art, superior professional voice acting, extra characters and a bunch of other things. The PC version is vastly inferior IMO, I don't understand why XSeed's bothering with it at all. But by announcing the 3DS version simultaneously with the PC version's release date they're really muddying the waters, since the 3DS one is the most recent (July 2015 Japanese release) and has that bit of extra content over the PSP/iOS versions.

If you've already played the PSP one you're probably not going to miss out by skipping 3DS, but the 3DS one is now the definitive release.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
KefkaesqueXIII

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:

From the sound of it, the 3DS port has 4 chapters that weren't in the PSP version.

Not nearly as important, but IIRC the US/EU PSP releases of this game also had a glitch that made it impossible to collect one of the nametags. Presumably that will be avoided in the 3DS version.
TsubomiKoneko

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:10 pm Reply with quote
AAAGH. I hate buying games I already have, even if there is extra content in the games... BUT I WANT THOSE FIGURES.

Hmm... actually at the price it's pretty worth it since there's also a CD = w= not upset anymore, time to horror up my 3DS.

I'm curious about the fact that the figures look different on the box (face and arm poses) than the standing figures shown do, wonder if they'll come with multiple faces and arms.
Heishi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:21 pm Reply with quote
This is great news to hear!!!!

Can't wait to try to get this on my 3DS!
Bloodgod

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:38 pm Reply with quote
No Ayumi figure, no buy.

jk, I don't have a 3DS...

KefkaesqueXIII wrote:
Vaisaga wrote:

From the sound of it, the 3DS port has 4 chapters that weren't in the PSP version.

Not nearly as important, but IIRC the US/EU PSP releases of this game also had a glitch that made it impossible to collect one of the nametags. Presumably that will be avoided in the 3DS version.

To clarify, the four extra chapters are just addition "EX chapters" mostly centered around some of the students from the other schools. I'm not aware of any other changes than these over the PSP version.

EDIT: The in-game character sprites are also new, and there are a few new songs, apparently. I'd probably buy this if I had a 3DS, even though I've played the PSP version through a couple times now (and there's no Ayumi figure....)
Animepokegirl89

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:35 pm Reply with quote
I was already planning on getting it. But now that I see the Seiko and Naomi figures, that sold it for me. I must have this. xD Seiko is my favorite character and I ship Seiko x Naomi so hard. xD
Silver4000

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:05 am Reply with quote
I understand why they are releasing the original version on PC, after all, it had more stuff, including that Book of Shadows ending. But the way they announced it, and the way people keep calling the 3DS game Corpse Party instead of Corpse Party Blood Covered Repeated Fear just confuses everything...

Bloodgod wrote:

KefkaesqueXIII wrote:
Vaisaga wrote:

To clarify, the four extra chapters are just addition "EX chapters" mostly centered around some of the students from the other schools. I'm not aware of any other changes than these over the PSP version.

EDIT: The in-game character sprites are also new, and there are a few new songs, apparently. I'd probably buy this if I had a 3DS, even though I've played the PSP version through a couple times now (and there's no Ayumi figure....)

And to add more: the game has new bad endings. And one of the new EX chapters is what happened to Yoshiki after he was struck by Yoshikazu. He mets one of the other students from another school and stuff.
cloud8100

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:28 am Reply with quote
Yup, I'd definitely buy this again. But having those Seiko and Naomi figures with Yuka and Ayumi from the Blood Drive ones would make me desperately want the rest of the party in figure form.

Here's hoping we can get an EU release with Marvelous again. Please.
Bloodgod

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:59 am Reply with quote
Silver4000 wrote:
I understand why they are releasing the original version on PC, after all, it had more stuff, including that Book of Shadows ending. But the way they announced it, and the way people keep calling the 3DS game Corpse Party instead of Corpse Party Blood Covered Repeated Fear just confuses everything...

Yeah, XSEED really should have started out calling the PSP version Corpse Party: Blood Covered in the west. Even though the PSP version is also technically Corpse party BloodCovered: ...Repeated Fear. Keeping track of all the different versions of the first game can be a task even for fans of the series. Even the wiki can muddle things slightly.

Interesting that the PC version they are releasing is the first remake and not Blood Covered, but I was unaware until now that this version had different content compared to Blood Covered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J87yUfHcnw8

The PC game is going to be available on GOG, so I think I am going to pick it up.

I would still say that Repeated Fear is the definitive version of the game, and now the 3DS version is the most complete version of that... version.

Regardless, the weird spin off 2U tells us that everything (all game scenarios, all "bad" ends, etc) can technically be canon, and Blood Drive tells us that 2U itself is canon. So, fans can enjoy all versions of the game.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1