• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Japanese Poll Ranks Re:Zero Best Anime of Spring 2016

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LightningShadow55

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:56 pm Reply with quote
What Hundred was the best anime of the spring.
chex mix

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:05 pm Reply with quote
LightningShadow55 wrote:
What Hundred was the best anime of the spring.

You're clearly mistaken, Big Order with its thoughtful take on issues such as teen pregnancy and colonialism in third-world countries as well as excellent character development and gorgeous animation was clearly the best show this year, if not this decade. This is undisputable fact.
Nekelen Tinsley

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Huh cool i guess, i mean it wasn't that great to me but glad to see so many people liked it and seeing bungo stray dogs get more votes than boku no hero was a pleasant surprise.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:23 pm Reply with quote
chex mix wrote:
You're clearly mistaken, Big Order with its thoughtful take on issues such as teen pregnancy and colonialism in third-world countries as well as excellent character development and gorgeous animation was clearly the best show this year, if not this decade. This is undisputable fact.

That actually might have gotten me interested enough to check it out... though I'm worried about the "gorgeous animation" exceeding expectations.
lanierd2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:27 pm Reply with quote
Kiznaiver was worse of the season.
rinkwolf10

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:30 pm Reply with quote
I really wonder if they will continue Re zero after the season ends seeing how its doing so well and the predicted ending point will be not even be a third of the available material.

Also, who thinks that crunchyroll will dub and release it when it finishes airing? Seeing as they now dub and release shows.
The Coffee God

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Rinkwolf wrote:

Also, who thinks that crunchyroll will dub and release it when it finishes airing? Seeing as they now dub and release shows.

Since it's a TV TOKYO title, there's also a good chance that it will pop up as a Sentai license in the distant future.

Sentai's TV TOKYO licenses tend to get announced when they're ready for solicitation, so it'll be quite some time before we hear about it from them if they do indeed plan on picking it up.
chex mix

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:49 pm Reply with quote
SilverTalon01 wrote:
chex mix wrote:

That actually might have gotten me interested enough to check it out... though I'm worried about the "gorgeous animation" exceeding expectations.

You will weep salty tears of joy. It is known.
Dayblack

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:50 pm Reply with quote
RE ZERO best anime spring season ?. How funny was a bad adaptation. important things light novel skipped. The novel 4 and 5 adapted into anime 2 chapters each. And surely the 6, 7 and 8 also will adapt in 2 chapters of anime. And the last 4 chapters of anime are going to invent.

The votes are worthless, the important thing is sales of bluray
msvitch

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:00 pm Reply with quote
Re:Zero, each episode is engaging.
Anime of the year contender indeed
GlassesMan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:15 pm Reply with quote
I would definitely agree with the Re:Zero popularity. The show is incredible. And I would agree with Kabaneri too. Weakened near the end, but was still a great ride. But I can't really see Stray Dogs as great. Not to say it's terrible. It's just average. Boring protagonist, cast without great characterization(other than Kunikida), leans more to shonen battles instead of mystery. It's OK, but still kinda meh.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:41 pm Reply with quote
For me the best anime of Spring was Kabaneri even with all its writing flaws because in the end it provided an exciting visual spectacle, which was the main goal of the show.

The Coffee God wrote:
Rinkwolf wrote:

Since it's a TV TOKYO title, there's also a good chance that it will pop up as a Sentai license in the distant future.

I also think Crunchyroll will dub and release Re:Zero. And If I am not mistaken Kadokawa is also in the production committee.
Treeborn

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:52 pm Reply with quote
lanierd2 wrote:
Kiznaiver was worse of the season.

Sweetness and Lightning made me feel more empathy in one episode than Kiznaiver did after one season :p

Not surprised about Rezero, though. I remember fairly disliking it in the beginning because its terrible pacing and plain charcters. But it has REALLY stepped its game up recently. I haven't read any spoilers so far, but I have seen a fair amount of hints that it only gets darker from here. Looking forward to it!
Shirohae

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:53 pm Reply with quote
Lol BORING! Glad Kabaneri was 2nd though I guess! IN YOUR FACE, AOT WHINERS!
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:55 pm Reply with quote
Its funny, the show I like are a little low except for My Hero. Flying Witch, Joker Game, Sakamoto were shows I really enjoyed. I may get back into Re:Zero, I just couldn't get pass the third episode, just found it obnoxious. It definitely looks like the kind of show that would be popular.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2