• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kingdom Hearts 2.8 TGS Trailers Reveal January Launch

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:15 pm Reply with quote
ANN wrote:
The collection was previously slated for a December 2016 worldwide release.

But because of FF XV(Nomura confirmed), it was delayed.

Thank you spoiler[scumbag] XV for ruining the year of Aqua's return. Now we'll have to settle for Aqua's return during the week of BBS original release(ironic).
Hugh Mungus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:41 pm Reply with quote
I don't have a PS4 yet, so I'm not exactly in a rush to get KH 2.8 (waiting until there are more used games that I can binge-buy). Still, I don't think this was the best idea.

I know they want to go all out to advertise Final Fantasy XV, like any way a company wants to sell their flagship product, but pushing 2.8 to January; yeah that's not really confident.
Dessa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:53 pm Reply with quote
Considering that Unchained [x] has promised a huge update (including a new world) in January, I have a feeling that part of it is to coincide with that, since the movie isn't supposed to be a movie of it, but a tie-in movie.
Shirohae

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:08 am Reply with quote
So sad it got delayed to January...Wish it came out in December because of my birthday lol. But its ok, I'll be busy with FF15 lol. Anyways, loved this new trailer a lot and also the Simple and Clean remix!!! I nid it now Sad
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:25 am Reply with quote
Damn I love the Japanese ver. Sugita is voicing one of the character. Hope they make Kingdom Hearts dual audio at least.
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:09 am Reply with quote
Hikarunu wrote:
Damn I love the Japanese ver. Sugita is voicing one of the character. Hope they make Kingdom Hearts dual audio at least.

Not gonna happen. They would have BEEN releasing their remix games in dual audio if they wanted to so don't get your hopes up.

New trailer was AMAZING! Can't wait to play!
Adv193

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:20 am Reply with quote
Gonna get a Gamestop gift card for Christmas to help when this game comes out. Although this news is already a day old, I at least was able to plan around it.
Zimba

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:40 am Reply with quote
Now the wait is longer.
BigHeadClan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:17 pm Reply with quote
Well I'm okay with this I have enough games to play Nov-Dec super excited for 2.8 though, but man what a terrible remix they chose. Which is unfortunate because the original song is awesome.
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:47 pm Reply with quote
KENZICHI wrote:

Not gonna happen. They would have BEEN releasing their remix games in dual audio if they wanted to so don't get your hopes up.

FInal Fantasy XV was planning to release in dual audio and multiple language sub. SE might do it for Kingdom Hearts too.
Futago_101

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Crossing my fingers for a Collector's Edition.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:27 pm Reply with quote
Hikarunu wrote:

FInal Fantasy XV was planning to release in dual audio and multiple language sub. SE might do it for Kingdom Hearts too.

Given that the previous remaster(s) didn't have them.

Hugh Mungus wrote:
I don't have a PS4 yet, so I'm not exactly in a rush to get KH 2.8 (waiting until there are more used games that I can binge-buy). Still, I don't think this was the best idea.

I know they want to go all out to advertise Final Fantasy XV, like any way a company wants to sell their flagship product, but pushing 2.8 to January; yeah that's not really confident.

It has zero to do with advertisement and more to do with the fact of why would you release a remaster of an old RPG the month after the release of a new RPG.
kakoishii

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:25 pm Reply with quote
this looks great, even though I'll be very pregnant once this drops Razz can't wait to play. I find it funny how they're still milking Simple and Clean for all its worth in these kh trailers and games. Utada got burned by them and won't produce another song for the franchise, but I should hope they should try to get something a little more original for kh3 you know 10 years from now when that finally comes out Rolling Eyes
Silver4000

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:47 am Reply with quote
The delay is good for me, like this I'll have more time to play FFXV.

But let's be honest, Gravity Rush 2, The Last Guardian, Persona 5, FF XV, KH 2.8 and I'm pretty sure that I'm missing 1 or 2 are coming out really close to each other in Japan, so it's only natural that Sony at least would try to change the dates a bit.

For once I'm happy that we don't get the stuff at the same time as the Japanese.
Velius

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:44 pm Reply with quote
kakoishii wrote:
this looks great, even though I'll be very pregnant once this drops Razz can't wait to play. I find it funny how they're still milking Simple and Clean for all its worth in these kh trailers and games. Utada got burned by them and won't produce another song for the franchise, but I should hope they should try to get something a little more original for kh3 you know 10 years from now when that finally comes out Rolling Eyes

If that did happen to Utada, then that is disappointing, but I do like that the song has stuck around. It's a rare thing nowadays to have a good game theme song that comes back so often. I hope it still sticks around for KH3, in some form, I do like when they change it up a bit.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2