• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sword Art Online: Ordinal Scale Film's 3rd Teaser Video Streamed With English Subtitles

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brent Allison

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:13 am Reply with quote
The thread's empty? No snappy one-liners about "singer girl" joining Kirito's harem of rejected women or this being a Pokemon Go rip-off? No jokes about milking the franchise, character death, lack of character death, or Kirito bouncing back towards the end STRONGER THAN EVAR!!! Nothing? Man, what a difference four years makes.
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:09 am Reply with quote
Brent Allison wrote:
The thread's empty? No snappy one-liners about "singer girl" joining Kirito's harem of rejected women or this being a Pokemon Go rip-off? No jokes about milking the franchise, character death, lack of character death, or Kirito bouncing back towards the end STRONGER THAN EVAR!!! Nothing? Man, what a difference four years makes.
I think you'll find the hate bandwagon is still alive and well on other parts of the internet. Plus there's not really any reason to be excited about a trailer that's mostly just footage from other trailers.

The show still being popular in Japan and the west and them still being mad about it 4 years later (Going on 5) doesn't really support their claims that the series was just some irrelevant flavour of the season thing. I mean who the hell is still frothing at the mouth over Danmachi in 2017? But hey... whatever helps them sleep at night I guess?

I'm gonna go to this one with my girlfriend and she also seems excited. So for her sake and mine I hope it doesn't suck. I mean sure Kawahara is writing it but even with the creator anime original movies can go either way really. I'm optimistic about this one because the trailers are nice but it's a very cautious optimism.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:37 pm Reply with quote
I find myself in a balanced position of enjoying the hell out of this franchise yet being able to laugh at and criticize it for some of the very valid reasons others dislike it.

The switch to Augmented Reality opens some some fun and exciting possibilities for the film. At the same time I had a good laugh because it reminded me of the hologram in Yu-Gi-Oh's Battle City arc. Very Happy

Bring it on, SAO. I'll enjoy this series my own way and have a great time doin' it.
theNightster

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:24 pm Reply with quote
Brent Allison wrote:
I mean it's not a very good series, Kirito is [expletive] bland and Asuna is useless. there
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1