• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Double Dragon IV Game Announced for PS4, Steam

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:31 pm Reply with quote
I didn't know Arc System Works made things other than fighting games. (I kid, I kid.)
David Hershberger

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:58 am Reply with quote
Let the hype train roll in. I can't wait to play a new Double Dragon. "Neon" was okay, but to see a brand new game in the style that I remember when I was a kid is just fantastic. IDK why they went with the nes graphics style. Better versions were in arcade and sega genesis. I won't complain however, I am just happy to be getting more Double Dragon.
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:08 am Reply with quote
Wait, I'm confused here. Wasn't Super Double Dragon for the Super Nintendo intended to be Double Dragon 4? And if this game takes place after the events of Double Dragon II: The Revenge, does it then take place before the events of Double Dragon III? And if so, what kind of story would be rational enough to effectively make DD4 stand out on its own without compromising the lead into DD3?

Hey, don't get me wrong, I'm all for new Double Dragon games and all that capture the spirit of the NES and arcade originals (save for DD3 arcade) but this just screams retcon.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:29 am Reply with quote
I'd prefer a more 16-bit aesthetic, rather than the 8-bit one, but I get it, it's classic.

(Really I just want to use its backgrounds.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1