• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fate/Extra Last Encore TV Anime's 2nd Promo Video Streamed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpaceTheGamer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:20 pm Reply with quote
Damn next winter :/
I was really hoping for 2017 release, so it could be the ultimate Fate year. But I guess we still have HF1, Apocrycha,Prisma Illya movie in 2017 so it's all good Very Happy
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:25 pm Reply with quote
SpaceTheGamer wrote:
Damn next winter :/
I was really hoping for 2017 release, so it could be the ultimate Fate year. But I guess we still have HF1, Apocrycha,Prisma Illya movie in 2017 so it's all good Very Happy

It's coming out in 2017 tho Neutral
nobody knows

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:28 pm Reply with quote
so the MC is female , it looks interesting Very Happy
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:54 pm Reply with quote
nobody knows wrote:

It's not tho... The MC will be the male one but the female one will have a few cameos I think.
synaia

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:27 pm Reply with quote
AksaraKishou wrote:
nobody knows wrote:

It's not tho... The MC will be the male one but the female one will have a few cameos I think.

the female mc is shown in the pv though and not the male that's why people are saying it's the female mc opposed to the male mc.

but time will tell when we get more information.
dm
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:47 pm Reply with quote
This looks like Le Portrait de Petit Cossette Shinbo more than (but maybe mixed in with) Monogatari Shinbo, but it's missing the Yuki Kajiura soundtrack.... Smile

Interesting music, though. Shinbo's works are often as interesting musically as they are visually. Something to look forward to.
FlareKnight

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:42 pm Reply with quote
This should be a pretty good visual spectacle. I'm definitely looking forward to it.

But geeze...2018? Why even announce it when they did. They could have done it a year later than they did and would have been fine. Finding out about it in March of 2017 would have been fine. But instead it's going to be something like 20 months since they announced the thing that it actually ends up airing. Why even make PVs at this early stage?

Oh well. This will be fun...when it actually airs.
CaRoss

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:44 pm Reply with quote
dm wrote:
This looks like Le Portrait de Petit Cossette Shinbo more than (but maybe mixed in with) Monogatari Shinbo, but it's missing the Yuki Kajiura soundtrack.... Smile

Probably missing the Kajiura soundtrack due to her working with Ufotable on Heaven's Feel instead Anime hyper

It'll be interesting to see what style Shinbo sticks with for this one though, and if he sticks around as director of the whole project or if he's just kickstarting it with some earlier stuff.

He's a great director, who came up with a cool conceit for the Madoka and Monogatari franchises that became Shaft's whole MO, leaving people to forget pretty much everything they've done that doesn't involve that style. It'll be interesting to see where Fate/Extra ends up on that spectrum.
relyat08

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:12 pm Reply with quote
I honestly didn't expect this to be quite so SHAFT-y. But that's cool. If any Fate adaptation could still work with that aesthetic, it's definitely Extra. Yukihiro Miyamoto's version of the SHAFT house style has always been up there in terms of my favorites. His work on Madoka was excellent, though I'm not sure how much creative freedom he actually had on that project, not quite Tatsuwa or Oishi in terms of consistently brilliant creativity, but he does a good job.

It's a bit of a shame people are already attributing this to Shinbo, since his involvement is probably going to be just as minimal as it was on most of their other recent stuff. It's fair to say that his style is what has born and bred everyone else there, but there are idiosyncrasies to each of them that not enough people notice. And while they are somewhat adapting and adopting his general style, they all do it differently and he's not the one responsible for what we see on screen. Anyway, rant over, I guess..
RacistPenguin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:13 pm Reply with quote
FlareKnight wrote:
But geeze...2018? Why even announce it when they did. They could have done it a year later than they did and would have been fine. Finding out about it in March of 2017 would have been fine. But instead it's going to be something like 20 months since they announced the thing that it actually ends up airing. Why even make PVs at this early stage?

Could say the same about Steins;Gate 0... they announced an anime adaptation before the VN was even out, yet here we are almost 2 years later and still no word at all on said anime.

I guess we'll have to wait for Fate/Head Tilt a bit more than expected... but hey, at least we know exactly when it'll be out (unless they delay it more).
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:13 pm Reply with quote
I like Fate and all, but... I'm really not a fan of Shaft. I haven't liked a Shaft show since Arakawa Under the Bridge, so I'm hoping this will turn out okay.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sahmbahdeh

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:01 pm Reply with quote
As I said before, this looks freaking great. I am really looking forward to this one.
Jayhosh

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Wait, where are people getting that it's not coming out until 2018? It says "next winter," isn't that like in January? Even if it isn't coming out until 2018, I wouldn't really mind since we're already getting so much new Fate stuff next year. One less wouldn't hurt. Besides, I think what most people are really excited for is the Heaven's Feel films. But this looks pretty good too. The composer of Bakemonogatari is doing the music, a guy that I feel is really underrated and doesn't get enough credit for his great work.
jl07045

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Personally I'm only excited about Apocrypha anime, because the novel is not fully translated. Last Encore has the unfortune of having Nero as the main servant, while the HF will only be great by the third movie.
KH91

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:05 pm Reply with quote
*looks at visual*

I've been having these weird thoughts lately.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2