• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: ID-0 Anime Reveals Promo Video, Story, More Cast, Visual, April 9 TV Premiere

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jroa

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:23 am Reply with quote
I was shocked by the PV and how lighthearted it turned out to be, compared to the early teaser, but...fortunately, based on what some people have dug up, the real gimmick of the show appears to be more interesting than what it seems on the surface.
AliceTheHare

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:35 pm Reply with quote
This is very different than I was expecting, based on that initial teaser. It's not a bad thing just different. But it has made me realized its been a while since we've had a girl led mecha show, I think Lagrange was the most recent and I very much enjoyed that show.
DatRandomDude

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:20 pm Reply with quote
With a PV like that, i wouldnt be surprised if they pull out some kinf of mecha version of Madoka with this one.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:57 am Reply with quote
Giving the kiddish feel to this trailer, I am questioning whether or not I will watch it. This is especially since it looks like a loli-bait show.
jroa

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:28 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
Giving the kiddish feel to this trailer, I am questioning whether or not I will watch it. This is especially since it looks like a loli-bait show.

That's the impression they are giving some unsuspecting viewers with the PV, but it seems to be a more or less elaborate ruse. Other than the presence of an evidently suspicious "mysterious girl" in the cast list...I don't get that feeling myself. The character designs aren't particularly sexualized. Especially considering most of the speaking roles will apparently consist of I-machines and not regular humans.

Given that the tagline about memories is still part of the website, the show is more than likely going to focus on that, sooner or later, instead of only being about a couple of cute girls in space. I would say that already suggests it won't be so "kiddy" in the end.

DatRandomDude wrote:
With a PV like that, i wouldnt be surprised if they pull out some kinf of mecha version of Madoka with this one.

I don't know if they'll go that far, but I do think they are planning to shift gears. For example...Studio Orphee, which is Yosuke Kuroda's own organization, has posted something on Twitter that very roughly translates to "Don't worry, as the scenario progresses, there will be a smug face." If that's not a hint, then I don't know what it is.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:12 pm Reply with quote
If I could make a guess, I'd say the girls will be the caretakers for the sentient robots while they slowly learn about their origins. Heck, I could go further and say the robots were humans whom minds were transferred to.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:36 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I agree with your two posts jroa, the PV was more lighthearted than I expected but given that info and the staff involved I think they're being at least somewhat deceptive.

Probably nothing but also, on the official site they are choosing to sight Scryed, Code Geass, Gundam 00, and Last Exile as the highlight work from each of the staff they wanted to highlight of their works, could be just because those are the most famous but they each do have some other big ones that could have been picked too, not that this will necessarily be as serious as those.

Plus I hope so too as I'm looking forward to this show since I love sci-fi and Taniguchi, Kuroda, and Murata plus some nice Ebikawa mecha and mechanical designs (for the sentient robots and other tech) is a really nice combination.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1