• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ellation's VRV Streaming Platform to Stream What do you do at the end of the world?, Akashic R

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hsbeta

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:17 am Reply with quote
Can I watch it on german Crunchyroll?
chito895

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:23 am Reply with quote
^ if you can't, you can always use Crunchyroll Unblocker for Chrome and watch with English subs.

First I thought these two titles were exclusive for VRV and I freaked out a little, but then reading the article, I was relieved to see it was streaming on CR, too, along qith Attack on Titan! My interest in Suka Suka wenr up after that nice PV, and I hope it delivers something good!
paulchaested

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:45 am Reply with quote
chito895 wrote:
^ if you can't, you can always use Crunchyroll Unblocker for Chrome and watch with English subs.

First I thought these two titles were exclusive for VRV and I freaked out a little, but then reading the article, I was relieved to see it was streaming on CR, too, along qith Attack on Titan! My interest in Suka Suka wenr up after that nice PV, and I hope it delivers something good!

Highly advise you not to do it since it's a violation in CR's TOS. If you must, do it at your own risk.
chito895

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:49 am Reply with quote
That's really worth considering, thank you.
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:32 am Reply with quote
Here's a desperate attempt to promote VRV, announcing Crunchyroll titles on VRV first and no news about it on Crunchyroll.
Dessa

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:13 am Reply with quote
For anyone who's looking at trying VRV's free version, be noted that the commercials show up at set time-points, without considering what's going on in the show. It might be different for CR shows, since CR has commercials set into them, but I tried using it to watch RWBY last season, and the commercials showed up mid-sentence.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:18 am Reply with quote
Quote:
within an hour of their premiere on Crunchyroll for Crunchyroll's premium subscribers.

Well that's a relief. I was in the VRV beta (I can't remember how I got on it to be honest, must have filled out a form then forgot about it) and I couldn't access it at all.[/code]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Lord Vaultman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:06 pm Reply with quote
So suka suka just might get a simulcast dub then. God i wish Funimation would hurry up with the big spring 2017 announcements lineup already
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:44 pm Reply with quote
paulchaested wrote:
chito895 wrote:

Highly advise you not to do it since it's a violation in CR's TOS. If you must, do it at your own risk.

Well, if they're blocked, it's a choice between that, or watching the episodes ripped. I prefer the latter option myself...

Edit; Nice outfits the girls have in that shot. In Winter too?... Very Happy
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
I was in the VRV beta (I can't remember how I got on it to be honest, must have filled out a form then forgot about it) and I couldn't access it at all.

Dare I ask whether that was for regional reasons, or were technical issues the culprits on this occasion?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:27 pm Reply with quote
Regional.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
chaccide

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:03 am Reply with quote
So... They're setting themselves up as Crunchyroll's direct competition on Crunchyroll's biggest titles? I don't get why they would do this. If people can watch the biggest shows for free why would they bother subscribing to Crunchyroll?
Dessa

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:08 am Reply with quote
chaccide wrote:
So... They're setting themselves up as Crunchyroll's direct competition on Crunchyroll's biggest titles? I don't get why they would do this. If people can watch the biggest shows for free why would they bother subscribing to Crunchyroll?

They're not competing with Crunchyroll. Crunchyroll is part of VRV.

Basically, VRV is an aggregate app. You've got Crunchy, FUNi, Rooster Teeth, and other stuff I didn't care about. You can watch any of their stuff via the VRV app, rather than needing each individual app.

My problem with it, like I said before, is the ad placement. Middle of a sentence is unacceptable. Additionally, even though I have a CR membership, I can't use my CR membership in VRV, I'd have to purchase a separate CR membership via VRV to use it.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:38 pm Reply with quote
In addition to CR being one of the services available through VRV, VRV itself is from Ellation, CR's parent company.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 12:24 pm Reply with quote
I don't see either listed on VRV, so I wonder what happened or how such a confirmation occurred.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1