• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Universal Studios Japan Hosts Dragon Ball, Gintama, One Piece, Jojos This Summer

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HueyLion

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:44 pm Reply with quote
Wish I can be there!
epicwizard

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:00 pm Reply with quote
HueyLion wrote:
Wish I can be there!

I know, right?
InimitableUman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:39 pm Reply with quote
One Piece live shows are worth looking up, they can be pretty interesting. The costumes change depending on the show and in one show Chopper might be a man in a huge Brain Point costume, in another he might be a guy in a dark suit holding a Chopper doll, and then a man in a costume when he transforms into Kung Fu point.

In one of the more famous live shows at USJ, that featured a character designed by Oda named Chamelone, there are some pretty funny moments. Usopp and Nami get pushed off a very high tower into water, and seeing it visually it's weirdly dark. But the craziest part is that at the end of that show, Luffy and freakin' Marco from the Whitebeard pirates SING A SONG while Marco waves a Whitebeard flag around. All the Strawhats also get to fight some dudes at the beginning, which is fun.

Then you can also watch one of the cheapo shows that they have at some other random theme park. The costumes are just bad cosplays with masks for the heads, and there's only like one special effect which is a large inflatable hand for Robin. I'm not sure where to find the video I watched, but in it, Luffy AND Zoro both trip when they enter. It's really funny/cringy.

Just search Youtube for them if you're really into OP, basically.
HueyLion

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:41 am Reply with quote
InimitableUman wrote:
One Piece live shows are worth looking up, they can be pretty interesting. The costumes change depending on the show and in one show Chopper might be a man in a huge Brain Point costume, in another he might be a guy in a dark suit holding a Chopper doll, and then a man in a costume when he transforms into Kung Fu point.

In one of the more famous live shows at USJ, that featured a character designed by Oda named Chamelone, there are some pretty funny moments. Usopp and Nami get pushed off a very high tower into water, and seeing it visually it's weirdly dark. But the craziest part is that at the end of that show, Luffy and freakin' Marco from the Whitebeard pirates SING A SONG while Marco waves a Whitebeard flag around. All the Strawhats also get to fight some dudes at the beginning, which is fun.

Then you can also watch one of the cheapo shows that they have at some other random theme park. The costumes are just bad cosplays with masks for the heads, and there's only like one special effect which is a large inflatable hand for Robin. I'm not sure where to find the video I watched, but in it, Luffy AND Zoro both trip when they enter. It's really funny/cringy.

Just search Youtube for them if you're really into OP, basically.

Man that's awesome, Imagine its expensive as heck but seeing all 4 of these big Weekly Shounen Jump Titles espcailly One Piece would make it worth
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1