• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Welcome to the Ballroom Anime to Have 24 Episodes

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:40 pm Reply with quote
I'm so happy! The manga is one of my all time favorites and hearing this getting confirmed is amazing! This might be AOTY. I honestly can't believe that not only is this gem of a manga getting an anime from a very promising staff and studio, but it's also going to have a lot of episodes to flesh out everything, this year of anime has been great for me with this, Ancient Magus' Bride, Made in Abyss and even the new Kino anime.
64BitRatchet

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:12 pm Reply with quote
Thorfinn wrote:
I'm so happy! The manga is one of my all time favorites and hearing this getting confirmed is amazing! This might be AOTY. I honestly can't believe that not only is this gem of a manga getting an anime from a very promising staff and studio, but it's also going to have a lot of episodes to flesh out everything, this year of anime has been great for me with this, Ancient Magus' Bride, Made in Abyss and even the new Kino anime.

Are you surprised? All of Production I.G.'s sports anime have had a two cour first season.
Random Name

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:13 pm Reply with quote
Can't say I understand the hype for dancing but love seeing more anime getting 2 cour lately
Karl2

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:16 pm Reply with quote
64BitRatchet wrote:
Thorfinn wrote:

Are you surprised? All of Production I.G.'s sports anime have had a two cour first season.

I am surprised because dancing is one of the hardest things to animate and the team finished last seasons Haikyuu just 8 months ago
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:02 pm Reply with quote
64BitRatchet wrote:
Thorfinn wrote:

Not necessarily surprised, I was hoping it would be 2 cours though but you can't know for sure with anime until it gets confirmed. Plus I didn't know if they were willing to adapt and catch up with the manga, but they are and that's fantastic.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:18 pm Reply with quote
64BitRatchet wrote:

Ah, now I know why this didn't peak my interest despite it being high on many people's lists: I don't find sports anime appealing.
Lactobacillus yogurti

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:11 pm Reply with quote
Thorfinn wrote:
I'm so happy! The manga is one of my all time favorites and hearing this getting confirmed is amazing! This might be AOTY.

I'm hoping this too! I haven't been this excited for an anime series since Silver Spoon, and that already seems to be ages ago.
HueyLion

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:27 am Reply with quote
Ooooh boy. 24 episodes of Giraffe neck action! Gonna seem them rolling on the dance floor crazily
Thorfinn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:15 am Reply with quote
HueyLion wrote:
Ooooh boy. 24 episodes of Giraffe neck action! Gonna seem them rolling on the dance floor crazily

I was anticipating your obsessive highly intelligent giraffe comments. Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1