• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Chiba City's Logo Becomes Hatsune Miku to Mark Virtual Idol's 10th Anniversary

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ouran High School Dropout

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Wow! Ten years of Miku-chan! Very Happy

Imagine any township in the US consenting to such a measure, even for a day. Laughing
EricJ2

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:02 pm Reply with quote
I'm guessing Chiba's logo was supposed to be a "star", but darnit, it DOES look like MIku. Even a cute greeting-card version of Miku. Anime smallmouth
How often does a logo-coincidence opportunity like that come along, anyway? Not every city gets the chance to be Google's front page.

Have we gotten any special anniversary songs written for the occasion, like "39" was for the fifth anniversary?:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkOBCkbERPI
Fenrin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:14 am Reply with quote
EricJ2 wrote:
I'm guessing Chiba's logo was supposed to be a "star", but darnit, it DOES look like MIku. Even a cute greeting-card version of Miku. Anime smallmouth
How often does a logo-coincidence opportunity like that come along, anyway? Not every city gets the chance to be Google's front page.

Have we gotten any special anniversary songs written for the occasion, like "39" was for the fifth anniversary?:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkOBCkbERPI

Hachi produced "Sand Planet" for the Magical Mirai concert and the lyrics touch upon how the fandom has changed and references a lot of popular songs over the years.
EricJ2

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:12 pm Reply with quote
Fenrin wrote:
Hachi produced "Sand Planet" for the Magical Mirai concert and the lyrics touch upon how the fandom has changed and references a lot of popular songs over the years.

So, IOW, they're sick of the whole darn thing by now.
Well, that...cheered up my day. Confused
OrganicGreenOnions21

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Where can I buy one or get one?
I've searched all over on Ebay and looked on Amazon and no one has posted any for sale.
I want to buy one or some. Got any references where someone or some company can sell me one of these??!
HELP and THANK YOU
Fenrin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:10 am Reply with quote
EricJ2 wrote:
Fenrin wrote:

So, IOW, they're sick of the whole darn thing by now.
Well, that...cheered up my day. Confused

Late reply I know, didn't get an email notification; that's not exactly what the video is saying. Hachi was expressing that a lot of people have come and gone from the fandom, and there is a lot of chatter lately about how the fandom is "dead" (hence the post-apocalyptic setting), but there are still those who continue to stand behind Miku in spite of it all, and there are those who come back to join her side again. Those skull people following Miku represent the producers who contribute to the fandom and that flower-faced girl represents the fans.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1