• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: CoroCoro Comic Page Shows Infantile Trump Using 20 Fidget Spinners

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hellsoldier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:14 pm Reply with quote
Even in Japan, the guy is mocked. Well, all is right with the world on that front.
Codeanime93

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Hellsoldier wrote:
Even in Japan, the guy is mocked. Well, all is right with the world on that front.

It's really easy to mock this guy, that's why everyone can. He's such a clown that it's inevitable.
Aquamine-Amarine

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:06 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
It's really easy to mock this guy, that's why everyone can. He's such a clown that it's inevitable.

He's not a clown. You're just ignorant.

Disgusting. These people need to stop obsessing over Trump already. They're starting to look insane. I recommend mental help. And maybe a coloring book.

As for ANN, stop posting about politics. It has NOTHING to do with anime/manga. Go work at some liberal safe space like CNN if you want to talk about Trump all day. I don't want to hear it.
Haterater

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Its an Interest article and like always, one doesn't have to read the article.

Not surprised that alot of parodies are coming along. Laughing
Hellsoldier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Codeanime93 wrote:
Hellsoldier wrote:

True enough. Though I am curious about which policies in particular are criticised by many japanese.

Aquamine-Amarine wrote:
Quote:

Disgusting. These people need to stop obsessing over Trump already. They're starting to look insane. I recommend mental help. And maybe a coloring book.

As for ANN, stop posting about politics. It has NOTHING to do with anime/manga. Go work at some liberal safe space like CNN if you want to talk about Trump all day. I don't want to hear it.

It is about manga that features Trump. It is about manga. That you like Trump, even though he might get South Korea, Japan, Guam, etc, into a death trap of atomic proportions, failled to properly address white supremacists, claims the trans military ban was saving money when his trips to Mar-a-lago are 2,5 times the ''saved'' amount, that ''grabs them by the... I don't even wait''... That you defend this president, that's your problem. But this article is about manga.

Also, you're right: Clowns are respectable people. Donny isn't.

Also, ANN only posts occasional articles that mention Trump. Saying they post more than that truly is fake news.

Last edited by Hellsoldier on Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cetais

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:27 pm Reply with quote
[quote="Aquamine-Amarine"]
Quote:

Guess you missed the "INTEREST" tag on the article. It's even in the title.

And if you haven't noticed, this comes from a manga, so yes, it has to do with anime/manga.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:52 pm Reply with quote
Aquamine-Amarine wrote:

We wish we could stop being concerned about Trump's words and actions, but, regardless of what anyone thinks of him, he is the president of the United States. The citizens, and, yes, the press must pay attention to what the president of our country says and does in his capacity as the president, as they carry great weight not only in the US but also around the world. We would love nothing more but to not have to know what Trump is saying or doing, but we cannot. The man himself doesn't help this, frequently doing and saying things to draw attention to himself. I will agree with you that he is not a clown. It would be all the better if he were merely so.

I can sympathize a little with your wanting a place where you don't have to hear about the negative things people think of Trump and jokes at his expense. I can't imagine the Trump Show is very comforting to those on the right, aside from his core followers.
Heishi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:08 pm Reply with quote
Aquamine-Amarine wrote:
Quote:

I wonder if you would say the same thing about people obsessed with hating Obama.
I'm sure you would, right? Rolling Eyes
Lord Oink

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:24 pm Reply with quote
Hellsoldier wrote:

Is spinning 20 fidget spinners a certain type of mocking I'm not aware of? It just seems random.

Best Trump manga is Son of the President.

Hellsoldier wrote:
That you like Trump, even though he might get South Korea, Japan, Guam, etc, into a death trap of atomic proportions, failled to properly address white supremacists, claims the trans military ban was saving money when his trips to Mar-a-lago are 2,5 times the ''saved'' amount, that ''grabs them by the... I don't even wait''... That you defend this president, that's your problem. But this article is about manga.

Kim's always been a crazy dictator, and Trump's the only one to call out the alt left while the media praises them destroying property and killing cops. Even Obama defended things like BLM after the Dallas shootings.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:40 pm Reply with quote
Lord Oink wrote:
Is spinning 20 fidget spinners a certain type of mocking I'm not aware of? It just seems random.

I think they are trying to portray him as childish both in the sense that fidget spinners are usually used by kids and also in the sense that it displays the blatant and petty one-ups-manship that he is often known for.
Codeanime93

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:47 pm Reply with quote
Aquamine-Amarine wrote:
Quote:

Believe me, I wish I could stop thinking about this clown running our country into the ground but it's sadly something that comes up sometimes. I try not to think about it other times.
I know he's not a clown, how ignorant of me, he's a child.
Codeanime93

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:54 pm Reply with quote
Lord Oink wrote:
Hellsoldier wrote:

Best Trump manga is Son of the President.

Hellsoldier wrote:
That you like Trump, even though he might get South Korea, Japan, Guam, etc, into a death trap of atomic proportions, failled to properly address white supremacists, claims the trans military ban was saving money when his trips to Mar-a-lago are 2,5 times the ''saved'' amount, that ''grabs them by the... I don't even wait''... That you defend this president, that's your problem. But this article is about manga.

Kim's always been a crazy dictator, and Trump's the only one to call out the alt left while the media praises them destroying property and killing cops. Even Obama defended things like BLM after the Dallas shootings.

This guy seems to not get the joke here.

Last edited by Codeanime93 on Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:59 pm Reply with quote
What we need is a Baby Trump vs Baby Kim battle.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:07 pm Reply with quote
Thank God we elected Trump and not Clinton. Yay, us!
CatSword

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Fidget spinner on the dick seems a bit raunchy for CoroCoro Comic.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4