• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Land of the Lustrous Anime's Music Video Previews YURiKA's Theme Song

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fantaselion

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:37 am Reply with quote
Probbaly the first 3D anime that has descent enough CG to watch without getting a headache.

Though anime still hasn't been able to replicate what they did in Black Rock Shooter which confuses me to a great deal.
chito895

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:08 am Reply with quote
^ Eh, I don't know about that. Polygon Pictures is pretty good and always improving, and BLAME was very well animated.

Looking forward to this one. I remember really liking the Mecha in Comet Lucifer, and Land of Lustrous in particular looks really nice. Character motion will be key to me, and hopefully the battles will be as impressive as they seem.
fantaselion

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:11 am Reply with quote
chito895 wrote:
^ Eh, I don't know about that. Polygon Pictures is pretty good and always improving, and BLAME was very well animated.

Looking forward to this one. I remember really liking the Mecha in Comet Lucifer, and Land of Lustrous in particular looks really nice. Character motion will be key to me, and hopefully the battles will be as impressive as they seem.

Polygon pictures has issues with when and where to cut frames, and there lighting sucks. like they have no clue on how to do lighting. I got a headache watching BLAME and had to drop it 20 minutes in despite how much I was enjoying the story. This on the otherhand has good lighting, doesn't cut camera frames along with the 3D itself, and the males don't look weird in 3D like they did in BLAME.

I will give them credit for the detail they put on everything though. They definently have good animators and computers but they just fail on certain things that make there 3D not as good as it could be.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1