• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Event Report: Universal Studios Japan's Jump Summer Attractions

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Juno016

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:20 am Reply with quote
I was there two years ago on a business trip (yay Japanese business trips) and they hadn't set up aaaanything exclusively Japanese at the time, so I ended up spending practically the entire day in Hogsmeade and Hogwarts. I loved it, but I'm surprised to hear it's smaller than the U.S.'s version. It was pretty big.
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:19 pm Reply with quote
Just curious though, does Universal Japan has flash pass/less-wait option? I was in Universal Hollywood last week and the wait time is simply actricious ( no, I am a patient person btw Smile ) , it took me three hours and more to simply get in the Harry Potter 4D experience attraction. Oh waiting in long lines under hot sun is surely not part of the fun...
Juno016

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Engineering Nerd wrote:
Just curious though, does Universal Japan has flash pass/less-wait option? I was in Universal Hollywood last week and the wait time is simply actricious ( no, I am a patient person btw Smile ) , it took me three hours and more to simply get in the Harry Potter 4D experience attraction. Oh waiting in long lines under hot sun is surely not part of the fun...

There was a separate access door for quick access, but it's only available during certain parts of the day, probably for reservations. Meanwhile, I had a 2 hour wait. The spiderman ride had a flash pass, too.
D00dleB0Y

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:09 am Reply with quote
i went to usj twice: once in the summer of 2016 for the shonen jump events, and once more in january 2017 for "cool japan". i enjoyed it both times. there are tons of anime-themed exhibits to go to at USJ and the location in itself is worth visiting.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:31 pm Reply with quote
It's been quite a few years. I really need to visit Universal again.
Crystalyn
ANN Managing Editor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:07 pm Reply with quote
Engineering Nerd wrote:
Just curious though, does Universal Japan has flash pass/less-wait option?

Yes it has Express passes. Actually, you can also buy Express passes just for the Jump Summer stuff if you want. It comes in either a set of two (for the 2 4D experiences), three (4D experiences + Gintama talk show), or four (4D experiences + Gintama + special ticket for One Piece Premier Show).
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:20 am Reply with quote
The gorgeous One Piece dinner menu is bound to satisfy many hungry attraction travelers! Smile
Top Gun

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:33 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
As Luffy is seemingly defeated, spoiler[he remembers the moment Ace sacrificed himself to save him (this part of the play actually featured Akainu punching through Ace with prosthetics)]

Sweet Jesus why
Ruritto

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:33 pm Reply with quote
I'll hopefully be going to Japan again next year and as a big One Piece fan I really wanted to catch the displays and events for it. Does USJ always have the One Piece displays and restaurant and merchandise every summer? Or is it like Cool Japan and they have different stuff every year? Also would anyone happen to know around when they announce what they'll have for their summer event?? I'm possibly going 2 separate days if needed to catch both the end of Cool Japan rides (cause Sailor Moon and FF <3) and the start of summer displays hopefully for One Piece.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1