• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sword Art Online Novels Enter 'Unital Ring' Arc

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpaceTheGamer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:35 pm Reply with quote
Wait there's still more after Alicization??? Don't get me wrong but what more is there to do in the SAO world?? Is it just going to going from one game to another till the end of time!?!??!
fantaselion

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:49 pm Reply with quote
SpaceTheGamer wrote:
Wait there's still more after Alicization??? Don't get me wrong but what more is there to do in the SAO world?? Is it just going to going from one game to another till the end of time!?!??!

Yes.
Metal Fennrir

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:54 pm Reply with quote
Ah yes, the golden goose of Mary-Sue novels. Why stop now when there are countless videogames and fantasy world genres that Kirito can ruin?
Яeverse

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:14 pm Reply with quote
Guess we can get a Full anime adaptation of the next arc.

I was for sure thinking SAO was going to end after that. glad he's going to keep going. I hope YenON keeps bringing us these
L11K

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Яeverse wrote:
Guess we can get a Full anime adaptation of the next arc.

I was for sure thinking SAO was going to end after that. glad he's going to keep going. I hope YenON keeps bringing us these

I'm sure surprised that people are surprised that Alicezation wasn't the end. I have 3 volumes left tho, maybe the end would explain the surprise.
FackuIkari

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:32 pm Reply with quote
I really should finish Alicization
Nate148

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Alicization was the end of the web novels so that is where the shock is from
Soulwarfare

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Alicization was already one of the most ridiculous arcs ever and yet he is still making more?
Just milk this series dry...
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:41 pm Reply with quote
Keep on milking that cash cow!
Eddy564

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:51 pm Reply with quote
So was the Alcilization arc good or bad? From this thread I’m getting that it was lackluster but I’ve also heard great things about it.

Either way, if you don’t want to continue the series then drop it. Complaining about it only wastes your time.
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:51 pm Reply with quote
It's funny how the article mentions Kirito's full name when spoiler[this same mag reveals his original full name, from before the adoption. Kirito's real name is Kazuto Narusaka; his parents' names are revealed to be Yukito Narusaka and Aoi Narusaka.]
BlueAlf

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:07 pm Reply with quote
Eddy564 wrote:
So was the Alcilization arc good or bad? From this thread I’m getting that it was lackluster but I’ve also heard great things about it.

When it first began, the arc really blew my mind. Afterwards, I don't know if it's poor execution or some other reason, it just sorta gave me mixed feelings. I haven't followed it up to its conclusion though.

Regardless, I think I'll still consider myself as a fan of the franchise. Interested to know more about the next arc.
Eddy564

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:52 pm Reply with quote
BlueAlf wrote:
Eddy564 wrote:

When it first began, the arc really blew my mind. Afterwards, I don't know if it's poor execution or some other reason, it just sorta gave me mixed feelings. I haven't followed it up to its conclusion though.

Regardless, I think I'll still consider myself as a fan of the franchise. Interested to know more about the next arc.
Ahhh so it’s a classic case of starting out strong and fizzling out towards the end due to messy execution. I get it. Thanks bud.
Siegfriedl88

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Keep it going!!! SAO is the only reason i re got into anime in the 1st place(after watching DBZ and Sailor moon in the 90s nothing really caught my eye) and got me too start collecting manga and light novels...
just hope he finishes both accel world and SAO before he dies :p, dont need another cliffhanger liked H.O.T.D
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:44 pm Reply with quote
Eddy564 wrote:

Either way, if you don’t want to continue the series then drop it. Complaining about it only wastes your time.

It started strong and then became an interminable slog as Kawahara's bad habits rose to the fore, so I dropped it around book 4 out of 5.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2