• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Celebrate 30 Years of Chocobos, Black Mages, & Bahamut

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shiratori-san

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:53 pm Reply with quote
Many happy moments, playing FF7, FF8 and FF9.

Too bad the franchise followed a path that I simply can't enjoy anymore.
SailorPluto1313

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Here's to another 30 years! I wasn't even alive when the first few games came out but I grew up with FF4, FF6, and FF Mystic Quest. FF6 is my all time favorite Final Fantasy and it definitely needs a remaster/remake!

I think if FF6 would have made the graphics jump instead of FF7 there would be more love for it, but people were so enamored with the new graphics of FF7 I think it got overshadowed a bit. But hey, that's just my opinion. It has a huge fanbase just like FF7 so there's definitely love for the game.

Random, but I love the pic with the FF Mystic Quest game. It was a very oversimplified game, sure, but I have fond memories of playing that game. (I still replay it like once a year along with FF4 and FF6 Anime hyper) The soundtrack for that game is fantastic!
KH91

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:17 pm Reply with quote
30 years of FF. Impacted so many lives. Thank you. FF7 is the best in the series. That is what the collective human consciousness has decided.
Shinigami-Seishou

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:30 pm Reply with quote
Makes me want to tear up, I can't believe it's 30 years now. Final Fantasy literally changed me as a person. I will never forget the moments I first enjoyed the games, FFIX being a very nostalgia warm memory for me. Oh, little childhood me trying to tell everyone about how amazing the series was, but back then it just wasn't a thing. Now...it's growing more and more. I'll continue to support Square even if the games never reach the tier that the classics were able to deliver.

I'd really love to see Square make FF16 a homage like 9. Bring back all the classic vibes!!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1