• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions! Take On Me

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:31 pm Reply with quote
This review confirms pretty much all the things I have speculated about whhat kind of movie it would be. I think am going to like it once I watch it. Thanks for this review; I might until the BD release to watch it. Hopefully Sentai will have no troubles licencing it.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:11 pm Reply with quote
I always thought it was less of an issue of "will they or won't they?" and more "can they or can't they?" Because if the first thing impeding the relationship is that the two aren't in the same reality then there's more to it than their own feelings. And that's the problem with season two, they reset Rika back to "She can't".... without any sort of explanation... why am I suddenly thinking of the Last Jedi?

Ok, mark it off as sequelitis. "We want to continue but we don't want to deal with natural character development that has already happened."

So Take on Me is season 2 but with less Kumin? I don't know, doesn't sound as spicy to me. Waiting five years to use that stupid joke...
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Music : B

The operative question is this: would this category have been awarded an 'A' if a certain 1980s pop song had been included in the soundtrack?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
G S Palmer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:54 pm Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
So Take on Me is season 2 but with less Kumin? I don't know, doesn't sound as spicy to me. Waiting five years to use that stupid joke...

Bravo. I approve. Laughing

Seriously, though, I hope this movie doesn't take as long to get over here as the last Chunibyo film.
TasteyCookie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:17 pm Reply with quote
Well I for one absolutely loved the second season, even if it wasn't as great as the first. So I'm definitely excited to see the movie.
relyat08

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Sounds like it'll be exactly what I wanted. I just need something to resolve that poor relationship, and this seems to deliver. The KyoAni references sound really fun as well.
neatsink

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:52 am Reply with quote
I'm surprised they didn't opt to make a spin-off show with Nibutani and Dekomori. I found their contentious relationship the most interesting part of the show.
Scalfin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:15 am Reply with quote
For those who haven't seen the series yet, could the movie function as an alternative/replacement to the second season?
Frog-kun
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:18 am Reply with quote
Scalfin wrote:
For those who haven't seen the series yet, could the movie function as an alternative/replacement to the second season?

Read a summary of Shichimiya's backstory and you'll be fine.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Sounds like it's exactly what I wanted it to be. I do disagree with this quote
Quote:
not only does she still have chunibyo, she and Yuta still haven't even kissed. This alone strains credibility
. I've known a lot of "super Weebs" that lasted beyond high school and had issues with physical contact even with their "partner". It's definitely not common, but it does happen. Anywho, thanks for the review. Really does sound like a great way to truly end the franchise. Can't wait to see it Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1