• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Voltron's Steve Ahn Launches Kickstarter Campaign for Animated Project Featuring Former Ghibli

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aquasakura

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:08 pm Reply with quote
This looks neat form the bit I have read so far, and I was already enjoying Sherlock as well as the fact Detective stories are my favorite genre. However my finances are very low at the moment, but hopefully I can contribute before March 3rd.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
Oneeyedjacks

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:35 pm Reply with quote
I watched the first episode of this back when it first came out in November. It felt less like an episode or short film, and more like a 5 minute preview clip from a movie or tv show.

Not to say that I didn't like it. I just thought it was strange that Steve Ahn kept calling it a "short film", when it didn't really categorically feel like one. I do hope this Kickstarter campaign is successful, since I wouldn't mind seeing more.
OjaruFan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:28 pm Reply with quote
That was great! Looking forward to more if the project successfully reaches its goal! Smile
Kiddo626

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:25 pm Reply with quote
This looks interesting, and the selfie stuff is an inspired choice. I’d really like to see where they could take this story.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:17 am Reply with quote
I am not a fan of western anime but I admire the team's mission for this project. And both main characters are girls so that is a great bonus.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:45 am Reply with quote
Kickstarter has been home to so many scams and false promises that I cannot in good conscience support anything on it.
Aquasakura

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:06 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
Kickstarter has been home to so many scams and false promises that I cannot in good conscience support anything on it.

I'm pretty sure this one is legit, but I understand if you feel that way. I have been hearing cases in which people have used kickstarter either to scam others or they do use the website for its purpose but fail to deliver on the quality of the product (as well as merchandise like what happen with Mighty Number 9).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:59 am Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:

The "Skip Beat" dub campaign isn't one of them. Here's partial proof. Caitlin Glass tweeted (@caitlinsvoice) on 1/19/18@2:14PM about getting the DVD: "Look! @executivegoth & I finally got our copies of #skipbeat dub, just in time for his b-day!!! Can’t wait to watch".
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1