• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Muv-Luv, Muv-Luv Alternative Games Head West for PS Vita This Summer

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keen Fox

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:33 pm Reply with quote
I wish there was a way to include the game completely uncensored.
Since the uncensored version would never receive a go for obvious reasons,maybe they could release them in physical copies and under certain circumstances.
We would simply had to pre-order the game so specific numbers of copies are made or something like that or even passing a small test for being 18+ years etc.
Do you think adult content will ever be available on consoles?
encrypted12345

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:44 pm Reply with quote
Keen Fox wrote:
Since the uncensored version would never receive a go for obvious reasons,maybe they could release them in physical copies and under certain circumstances.
We would simply had to pre-order the game so specific numbers of copies are made or something like that or even passing a small test for being 18+ years etc.

Come to think of it, it used to be available for the Sega Saturn. In any case, I doubt there will be 18+ content for consoles in the near future. It would be impractical to distribute since US stores cannot stock AO games, and I don't think the console makers will ever let 18+ games onto their consoles because of all of the possible negative publicity. If you want 18+ material, you have to play it on the PC or do some modding.
Keen Fox

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:52 pm Reply with quote
encrypted12345 wrote:
Keen Fox wrote:

Come to think of it, it used to be available for the Sega Saturn. In any case, I doubt there will be 18+ content for consoles in the near future. It would be impractical to distribute since US stores cannot stock AO games, and I don't think the console makers will ever let 18+ games onto their consoles because of all of the possible negative publicity. If you want 18+ material, you have to play it on the PC or do some modding.

That is the reason for choosing PC actually.
It is near impossible for the console market,but someday they might think of something.
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:08 pm Reply with quote
encrypted12345 wrote:
Come to think of it, it used to be available for the Sega Saturn.

Are you talking about 18+ VNs on the Saturn generally, or Muv-Luv specifically? The only console releases of ML listed by the VNDB are PS3, Xbox, and Vita. Still, point taken: 18+ being PC-only has long been the standard in Japan and now in the West, and there's little reason to think that will change.

Edit: Of course, the flip side is that sometimes Western PC releases are less censored than their Japanese equivalents, when they get permission (and suitable artwork) to reduce or eliminate mosaics (although this is not the case with the 18+ patch for Muv-Luv, specifically)
johnnysasaki

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:37 pm Reply with quote
By the way,both games have been removed from Steam about a month ago due to the publishing being transferred to the Japanese owners.They said they will return to Steam,but not when...
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:46 pm Reply with quote
johnnysasaki wrote:
By the way,both games have been removed from Steam about a month ago due to the publishing being transferred to the Japanese owners.They said they will return to Steam,but not when...

Today's Kickstarter update says they'll be back "later this month", although I don't recall if they've sorted out whether Steam will treat these as completely new apps (which would be rough if your old save files are trapped in the Degica version and you have to start over with the ixtl version… Alternative is really long, and so is getting 100% on Extra).
rizuchan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:44 pm Reply with quote
invalidname wrote:
I don't recall if they've sorted out whether Steam will treat these as completely new apps (which would be rough if your old save files are trapped in the Degica version and you have to start over with the ixtl version

If they have separate app IDs, they should be treated as two separate installations on your machine too, and then you can manually copy your save files. Which isn't the best solution, but it should work unless ixtl changes something that makes them incompatible somehow. Maybe they can release a save-copying utility or something. But anyway, they said that the Degica version will continue to work, so worst case, you could just not update - you just wouldn't get any of the patches (and steam cards/wallpapers) that ixtl continues to put out.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Funchal99

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:25 pm Reply with quote
A nintendo switch port would be nice.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1