• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Black Clover Anime Listed With 5 Box Set Releases in Japan

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raebo101

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:19 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The other four box set releases, listed as "Chapter II" through "Chapter V," will ship on May 25, July 27, October 26, and January 25, 2019.

So then, the show's definitely gonna run for around 50 episodes, huh?
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:34 am Reply with quote
Raebo101 wrote:
Quote:
The other four box set releases, listed as "Chapter II" through "Chapter V," will ship on May 25, July 27, October 26, and January 25, 2019.

So then, the show's definitely gonna run for around 50 episodes, huh?

Did people still really doubt BC being 50 episodes?
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:37 am Reply with quote
A Japanese BD or DVD vol. is usu. about 1/2 those prices and usu. contains 2 episodes, but will have 3-4 episodes if the companies are nice. I am perhaps wrong in assuming so, but I take that it that those boxsets hint at 20-24 episodes.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:56 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
A Japanese BD or DVD vol. is usu. about 1/2 those prices and usu. contains 2 episodes, but will have 3-4 episodes if the companies are nice. I am perhaps wrong in assuming so, but I take that it that those boxsets hint at 20-24 episodes.

It can vary a lot. Both last season's Made in Abyss and this season's Food Wars were split into two box sets, but the former was only 13 episodes while the latter will be 24. We wouldn't know the episode count for sure until they release more information (The official website doesn't have anything on the releases yet) but it is almost certainly more than one cours and being 50 or so is more likely than before.
KutovoiAnton

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:20 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:

But it's not BD/DVD volume here. It's the boxset. With those amount of epsiodes can vary, but usually it's more than 10.
Eddy564

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:36 am Reply with quote
The series has been confirmed to run for 51 episodes. It’s been known for awhile.
Pierrot.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:53 am Reply with quote
The first DVD boxset for Boruto has 15 episodes so the number of episode can vary a lot.
Ziko577

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:43 pm Reply with quote
Eddy564 wrote:
The series has been confirmed to run for 51 episodes. It’s been known for awhile.

Makes sense given it's based off a shonen manga and those tend to be long drawn out series. I see it being around for a while.
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:41 pm Reply with quote
Ziko577 wrote:
Eddy564 wrote:

Makes sense given it's based off a shonen manga and those tend to be long drawn out series. I see it being around for a while.

I personnaly dont think it will be around for any longer the thoose 50~ish episode the manga doesnt seem to be getting much of a boost and anime isnt exactly doin that great either thanks to Asta VA and for various other stuff....
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:33 pm Reply with quote
BlackPoint. wrote:
Ziko577 wrote:
Eddy564 wrote:

I personnaly dont think it will be around for any longer the thoose 50~ish episode the manga doesnt seem to be getting much of a boost and anime isnt exactly doin that great either thanks to Asta VA and for various other stuff....

Is that true in Japan too? Cause we don't really matter.
Chubi Lu

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:03 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
anime isnt exactly doin that great either thanks to Asta VA and for various other stuff...

I've seen a lot of negative coments on internet about Asta's voice, but do we really know if it's the same in Japan?
I mean, maybe for Japanese people Asta's voice sounds just ...normal.
endlessdelight

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:32 pm Reply with quote
Chubi Lu wrote:
Quote:
anime isnt exactly doin that great either thanks to Asta VA and for various other stuff...

I've seen a lot of negative coments on internet about Asta's voice, but do we really know if it's the same in Japan?
I mean, maybe for Japanese people Asta's voice sounds just ...normal.

I'm pretty anti-dub but I really love Asta's voice. I don't think the issue is the voice, but the writing. Way too many exclamation points in the script. I can't think of any seiyuu that would satisfy people in this role. Usually these types of characters talk quickly and squeeze in a lot of words along with their yelling (Hiroshi Kamiya - Araragi or any of Yoshitsugi Matsuoka's characters). Asta is yelling but not saying anything or repeating most of his words. I think....
KH91

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:51 pm Reply with quote
I mean..are we surprised? It's a Pierrot show.
CyberLance

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:28 am Reply with quote
I hope they will release Black Clover on DVD here in the west soon.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1