• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Taboo Tattoo BD+DVD

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greed1914

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:38 pm Reply with quote
The editing made it pretty tough to keep any interest in this show. I made it to about the half-way mark before deciding that it didn't improve like I hoped, and dropped it.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:37 pm Reply with quote
I found the first third of the show very entertaining and actually exciting. Things started to go downhill in the second half, and spoiler[the death of Touko] was the nail in the coffin for me.

But there is one positive thing about this disc release of Taboo Tattoo. CR-Funi doing a dub for this bad show that not many people care about suggests to me that Crunchyroll wants to have dubs in all the shows they release on disc with Funimation. I hope Amanchu!, This Art Club Has a Problem! and Laid-Back Camp get disc releases with dubs.
Hiroki not Takuya

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:50 am Reply with quote
Yeah, Taboo Tattoo 2 Confused
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:14 am Reply with quote
Kinda of unfortunate that this was Christopher Bevins's swan song before heading to CA. But hey, at least he had fun with it
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:26 am Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
But there is one positive thing about this disc release of Taboo Tattoo. CR-Funi doing a dub for this bad show that not many people care about suggests to me that Crunchyroll wants to have dubs in all the shows they release on disc with Funimation. I hope Amanchu!, This Art Club Has a Problem! and Laid-Back Camp get disc releases with dubs.

I would like to see "Twin Star Exorcists" get an update of when that is getting a release here. Be it an L.A. or Funi dub, I just want to watch that series again without having to read a show.
KH91

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:40 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The editing in the series is a disaster, especially in the first episode. There are all kinds of sudden jumps, gaps that lack connecting scenes, and a general lack of consistent flow.

My same issue especially in episode 1, but the action scenes were cool.

Quote:
The series also wants to play up its sex appeal without going full-bore on fanservice which results in an array of halfhearted cheesecake scenes, mostly centered around Toko's chest, the improbably revealing apparel of one American agent, and Princess Arya's propensity for sexual harassing other women

That was awesome, especially the HLA scenes.

Quote:
Opener “Belief” by May'n is the strongest of the soundtrack, while closer “Egoistic Emotion” is unremarkable.

It was great hearing May'n again. She made another awesome song. ED song was good.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1