• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Mari Okada's Sayonara no Asa ni Yakusoku no Hana o Kazarō Anime Film Reveals Character Visuals

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:01 am Reply with quote
Now that we've been granted much more of an insight into Okada's troubled adolescence, it's easy to see how personal of a story this might end up being for her. I'm looking forward to seeing what message she intends to convey here.
stefand

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:48 am Reply with quote
So much beauty, so much drama. This is not good for me, i will like a little girl if i watch this. Anime cry
Dian Z

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:34 am Reply with quote
Oooh, I'm so sold watching the trailer.
I wonder if it's got some fantasy elements? The universe's looking gorgeous and intriguing.

BodaciousSpacePirate wrote:
Now that we've been granted much more of an insight into Okada's troubled adolescence, it's easy to see how personal of a story this might end up being for her. I'm looking forward to seeing what message she intends to convey here.

I think so, although it's quite unexpected for me to see Okada's personal project to set in another universe but realistic earth. Sounds more relatable that way, but this could work well too. Now I have high hopes.
Airiiin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:15 am Reply with quote
This looks great. And yay for more female directors.
VerQuality

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:40 pm Reply with quote
I generally really like Okada's writing, so it's exciting to see how she'll take on directing. I'm also loving that Kawai Kenji is doing the music, as he's pretty high up on my list of favourite anime composers.

The PV feels pretty lackluster, though. The music was kind of pedestrian and repetitive, and the shots they chose didn't really stand out much.
manapear

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:57 pm Reply with quote
It's like Bravely Default became an anime, in terms of aesthetic. (I mean, beyond Akihiko
Yoshida having worked on both, this looks like the BD and similar style leanings more than his other stuff). It looks prettier still, though.

As much as I like Mari Okada's writing, I also tend to be kind of back and forth with how I feel about it. But this sounds very (especially?). . . bittersweet, or earthy, or something?

Baro for #1 husband. I love his design, and bless for Hiroaki Hirata.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:49 am Reply with quote
You can say what you want about her screen play, script writing, and series composition skills. However, I think Okada-san is likely the most famed and prolific Japanese woman in those categories. Heck, those categories are what make most of the currently 65 titles in her ANN Encyclopedia entry.
KH91

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:13 am Reply with quote
Dat cast! Yoshida's art is so Yoshida. Can't not think of BD when I see it. Looking forward to this movie.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1