• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[Done] Name correction: Rafael Ordonez ARRIETA (#71216)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Llyud

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:37 pm Reply with quote
person#71216

It should be listed as Rafael ORDÓÑEZ ARRIETA (Ordóñez Arrieta, Rafael). Ordóñez (instead of Ordonez) is his first surname and not part of his name.

http://www.eldoblaje.com/datos/FichaActorDoblaje.asp?id=48902
http://arxiu.ivac-lafilmoteca.es:8080/IVAC/BRSCGI.exe?CMD=VERDOC&BASE=TITU&RNG=15&SORT=A101&docr=80&FMT=TITUANALI.fmt&SEPARADOR=&PAVC=(COMPA%F1IA%20DE%20PRODUCCI%F3N)&INTE=SI&
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:14 am Reply with quote
Fixed.

Perhaps most non-Spanish speakers don't know Spanish naming customs:

Wikipedia wrote:
The two surnames refer to each of the parental families. Traditionally, a person's first surname is the father's first surname (apellido paterno), and the second one is the mother's first surname (apellido materno). For example, if a man named Eduardo Fernández Garrido marries a woman named María Dolores Martínez Ruiz and they have a child named José, there are several legal options, but their child would most usually be known as José Fernández Martínez.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Llyud

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Thanks! I think so. Sometimes it's a bit difficult to explain typos in Spanish names to non-Spanish speakers, but I think that a good spelling it's always important in any language.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1