• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Tiger & Bunny Anime Project Revealed as Double Decker! Doug & Kirill Original Anim

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WANNFH

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:39 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The official website also revealed that this "buddy series" anime is "one part" of the new Tiger & Bunny anime series project. The series will follow a two-man detective team: one who is a veteran and one who is a rookie.
Phew. At first, I thought that is the replacement to new Tiger & Bunny series.
But buddy detective series in the world of superheroes? That's will be fun.
Crystalyn
ANN Managing Editor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:48 am Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:

We've actually updated the article to remove any mention of this being a spinoff series. While it's being hailed as a "new Tiger & Bunny project," the series is actually also being billed as an "original anime project," so it isn't actually clear yet if the anime is a spinoff that takes place in the same world or not, but the indication seems to be that it's an original series unrelated to Tiger & Bunny.

Last edited by Crystalyn on Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:15 am; edited 2 times in total
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:49 am Reply with quote
I, for one, am most gratified to learn that there is now an anime homage to the standard configuration of British buses.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:55 am Reply with quote
I feel like Tiger & Bunny fans are being trolled. Let’s introduce a new high end Barnaby figure and some limited edition sake...but no new Tiger & Bunny anime for you!
WANNFH

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:04 am Reply with quote
Cutiebunny wrote:
I feel like Tiger & Bunny fans are being trolled. Let’s introduce a new high end Barnaby figure and some limited edition sake...but no new Tiger & Bunny anime for you!
They've specifically said that it's just the part of the new T&B announcement, and there is more. But what exactly is that series to T&B... well, I think we know on the next week when AJ2018 comes.
donhumberto

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:04 am Reply with quote
Well, color me surprised... but in a good way, really. I think this actually looks pretty cool and it could actually be to the Tiger& Bunny universe something like Vanishing Line to the original Garo. Definitely excited about this.
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:22 am Reply with quote
Well, this is both good news and bad news.

Good News: I was worried that since it was seven years since the original T&B, viewers would lose interest. "Attack on Titan" only had a four year gap, and that series didn't sweep the Crunchyroll Anime Awards like it would have in 2013.

Bad News: FFS, why end a popular anime on a goddamn cliffhanger if you're never going to resolve it?
pajmo9

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:50 am Reply with quote
I think the best news here is that the same character designer and scriptwriter is returning.

It would be cool if this led up to or overlapped the events of the next Tiger & bunny project.
RubyRed

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:20 am Reply with quote
I have hope for the series now, actually. A brand new plot is preferable to a sequel where the original director isn't involved. I was terrified that some guy who didn't respect the source material would come along and butcher the characters, their relationships and their abilities. (Though that's not to say the original crew isn't just as capable of bungling a sequel, as evidenced by plenty of series out there Anime hyper) This setup, however, seems to carry more potential.

That being said, I hope that somehow the mystery of Ouroboros is dealt with. I don't care if it's the new duo who do it, but they have got to resolve that cliffhanger!
Usagi-kun

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:50 am Reply with quote
Cutiebunny wrote:

Pedro is crying twin waterfalls. Sad
1dbad

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Still hope we get a second two, but this anime has piqued my interest. I love detective series and buddy cop series so an anime one done by the same staff sounds promising.
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:13 pm Reply with quote
1dbad wrote:
Still hope we get a second two, but this anime has piqued my interest. I love detective series and buddy cop series so an anime one done by the same staff sounds promising.

As annoyed as I am about it not being season 2, this premise does show promise. I can see it being like JoJo Part 4 where super powers and mysteries come together.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:58 pm Reply with quote
pajmo9 wrote:
I think the best news here is that the same character designer and scriptwriter is returning.

It would be cool if this led up to or overlapped the events of the next Tiger & bunny project.

Yeah, those two returning give me a ton of hope. This sounds like it could be a lot of fun.

WANNFH wrote:
Quote:
The official website also revealed that this "buddy series" anime is "one part" of the new Tiger & Bunny anime series project. The series will follow a two-man detective team: one who is a veteran and one who is a rookie.
Phew. At first, I thought that is the replacement to new Tiger & Bunny series.

Yeah.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1