• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Wotakoi: Love is Hard for Otaku Anime Listed With 11 Episodes

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rtil

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:57 am Reply with quote
i'm going to guess the bd's will come with an ova to make it a nice even 12.
CorneredAngel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:21 am Reply with quote
Now if we only can find out *when* it'll actually start streaming in the U.S., that would be really nice.

So would an encyclopedia page for an anime that's been a known quantity for a while now.

One of these days, a really useful feature ANN could provide would be a chart of shows airing every season, and which services they are actually available streaming on outside of Japan - or not at all.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:32 am Reply with quote
CorneredAngel wrote:
Now if we only can find out *when* it'll actually start streaming in the U.S., that would be really nice.

So would an encyclopedia page for an anime that's been a known quantity for a while now.

One of these days, a really useful feature ANN could provide would be a chart of shows airing every season, and which services they are actually available streaming on outside of Japan - or not at all.

Well who is streaming what you can check at MAL they make and article for that always, as for other usefull stuff as chart which all anime are coming out you got either livechart or anichart.
Escaflowne2001

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:48 am Reply with quote
You can check Anidb to find out what is airing each season. Been using it for years.
LegitPancake

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:22 am Reply with quote
Yea here’s the MAL chart for this season: https://myanimelist.net/news/54729291

And yea I am super pissed at Amazon right now. Are they going to pull a Netflix and not give the US Wotakoi until it’s finished? Will they upload every episode a week late? They give not a single explanation for their incompetence, and now most people have seen the first episode elsewhere. It just isn’t sustainable.
John Thacker

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:43 am Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:
And yea I am super pissed at Amazon right now. Are they going to pull a Netflix and not give the US Wotakoi until it’s finished? Will they upload every episode a week late? They give not a single explanation for their incompetence, and now most people have seen the first episode elsewhere. It just isn’t sustainable.

Their "channel" strategy, including Anime Strike, largely failed and resulted in an executive shake-up. This is the inevitable result. I am certain that many people believe that it's worth getting rid of a plan that made people have to pay for Amazon Prime in order to even subscribe to the channel, but certainly the obvious explanation is the chaos that results when they change plans (but the Noitamina deal doesn't expire.)

Ever since they announced the end of the Anime Strike (and other) channels and retrenchment, I've been worried about this exact scenario. (Also, grumbling because, as an existing Prime member, the only difference for me has been having to sign up for HiDive to get Sentai shows, which I didn't need to do before, and HiDive right now has worse app support.)
64BitRatchet

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:23 am Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:
Yea here’s the MAL chart for this season: https://myanimelist.net/news/54729291

No, the first episode of Beatless was also a few days late in the U.S. last season.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:25 am Reply with quote
LegitPancake wrote:
And yea I am super pissed at Amazon right now. Are they going to pull a Netflix and not give the US Wotakoi until it’s finished? Will they upload every episode a week late?

No; Amazon has simply forgotten that they were supposed to upload the first episode 2 days ago. The series will stream weekly at irregular intervals.
jenthehen

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:23 pm Reply with quote
Amazon - WHERE IS THIS SHOW
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:37 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
No; Amazon has simply forgotten that they were supposed to upload the first episode 2 days ago. The series will stream weekly at irregular intervals.
Sadly that does seem to be how Amazon works and Killing Bites had this problem in which the episode upload date was a roll of the dice. Sometimes the episode would be uploaded 2 days late while other times it would be uploaded 6 days late.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:26 pm Reply with quote
In this situation, rights issues be darned. Amazon Prime has the resources where their anime epi. delays, barring the show being delayed in Japan, should not happen. If they were licensing as many seasonal shows as Funi or CR, I could see that. However, at least they are not Netflix in outright delaying the show for months because of a binge-watching business practice.
Millhi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:14 pm Reply with quote
Meanwhile on amazon prime (belgium) Its also up on UK and Canada. Not sure about others.

on topic: Expected it to be 11 episodes. Its a NoitaminA show afterall.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:07 pm Reply with quote
Hey everybody we’re all getting Wotakoi
Punch Drunk Marc

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:05 am Reply with quote
Remember when there were who people thought that Anime Strike was a GOOD thing?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1