• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Level 5 CEO: All Future Main Titles Will Be on Switch

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CastMember1991

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:32 am Reply with quote
Nintendo should purchase Level-5. I think it would actually work out for them, not to mention the latter would actually handle franchises like Yo-kai Watch more competently. Had they not marketed Yo-kai so poorly in the US, it would have been the next Pokémon or Dragon Ball Z.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:17 am Reply with quote
Uggggh, I don't wanna buy a Switch just for Pokémon and Yokai Watch games! Evil or Very Mad
OjaruFan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:57 am Reply with quote
This was bound to happen eventually since the 3DS is slowly dying off. Lots of eyes are focused on the Switch at this point in time.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:33 am Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
Uggggh, I don't wanna buy a Switch just for Pokémon and Yokai Watch games! Evil or Very Mad

It's really inevitable as mentioned above so might as well start planning on getting the Switch.
Tripple-A

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:50 am Reply with quote
I just hope they make good games like back in the PS2 era.
Primus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:59 pm Reply with quote
Japanese children's software company pledges support for platform attractive to Japanese children.

Scandalous.
Haterater

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:22 pm Reply with quote
Rather the Switch than mobile.
levyanime

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:45 am Reply with quote
CastMember1991 wrote:
Nintendo should purchase Level-5. I think it would actually work out for them, not to mention the latter would actually handle franchises like Yo-kai Watch more competently. Had they not marketed Yo-kai so poorly in the US, it would have been the next Pokémon or Dragon Ball Z.

I agree with you, that's actually something I wanna see come to light in a way, as I feel it'll help Level-5 gain more of a presence in the international gaming mindscape. But...you are aware that Nintendo did promote Yo-kai Watch internationally, right?

And hey, at least they put some effort into promoting Yo-kai Watch--I mean, they had commercials that aired on TV and their usual YouTube vids. That's more than I can say for other Level-5 games that had much worse marketing... (RIP in peace, Little Battlers Experience and Inazuma Eleven...)

Personally, I would have been much happier with YW as a whole if people wouldn't dismiss as a Pokemon clone.
CastMember1991

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:50 pm Reply with quote
levyanime wrote:
CastMember1991 wrote:

I agree with you, that's actually something I wanna see come to light in a way, as I feel it'll help Level-5 gain more of a presence in the international gaming mindscape. But...you are aware that Nintendo did promote Yo-kai Watch internationally, right?

And hey, at least they put some effort into promoting Yo-kai Watch--I mean, they had commercials that aired on TV and their usual YouTube vids. That's more than I can say for other Level-5 games that had much worse marketing... (RIP in peace, Little Battlers Experience and Inazuma Eleven...)

Personally, I would have been much happier with YW as a whole if people wouldn't dismiss as a Pokemon clone.

True. I’m especially disappointed in Hasbro, they didn’t air a single commercial for their YW toy line here in America. And I didn’t even see a single promo for the anime on any channel that wasn’t Disney XD. Disney could have at least promoted the show on Disney Channel as well. At least Nintendo put effort into marketing the games.
Primus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:55 pm Reply with quote
CastMember1991 wrote:
True. I’m especially disappointed in Hasbro, they didn’t air a single commercial for their YW toy line here in America. And I didn’t even see a single promo for the anime on any channel that wasn’t Disney Anime hyper. Disney could have at least promoted the show on Disney Channel as well. At least Nintendo put effort into marketing the games.

Just because you didn't see them doesn't mean they didn't happen.
CastMember1991

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:13 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
CastMember1991 wrote:
True. I’m especially disappointed in Hasbro, they didn’t air a single commercial for their YW toy line here in America. And I didn’t even see a single promo for the anime on any channel that wasn’t Disney Anime hyper. Disney could have at least promoted the show on Disney Channel as well. At least Nintendo put effort into marketing the games.

Just because you didn't see them doesn't mean they didn't happen.

I know they happened. I just don't think they just weren't aggressive enough with showing them (although I could be wrong).
Primus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:45 pm Reply with quote
CastMember1991 wrote:
I know they happened. I just don't think they just weren't aggressive enough with showing them (although I could be wrong).

In the post I quoted, you said Hasbro didn't run a single ad. That's not true.

The main Disney Channel actually did do promotional Yo-Kai Watch screenings.The show was streamed on YouTube and on Netflix. It got plenty of exposure. English speaking kids just didn't care.
CastMember1991

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:45 am Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
CastMember1991 wrote:

In the post I quoted, you said Hasbro didn't run a single ad. That's not true.

The main Disney Channel actually did do promotional Yo-Kai Watch screenings.The show was streamed on YouTube and on Netflix. It got plenty of exposure. English speaking kids just didn't care.

Very true. I'm going to make a point I have made numerous times on this forum. In the end, Pokémon proved to be insurmountable in terms of a collectable creature game franchise.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1