• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bandai Namco Trademarks 'Also Sprach Zarathustra' in U.S.

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ambrose7

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:13 am Reply with quote
Please just release the trilogy on the psn already.
Arale Kurashiki

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:33 am Reply with quote
I know that it probably is Xenosaga related considering that it's Namco, but shouldn't you mention the source of the name itself? It's not impossible that it's for a totally unrelated project that also is using a Nietzsche title.
MoonPhase1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:28 am Reply with quote
Ambrose7 wrote:

Well Monolith Soft is now owned by Nintendo, so that depends on how much control Namco has. But I would love to see it in a HD Collection on PS4 like .hack//G.U.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:00 am Reply with quote
Monolith Soft has zero control over the Xenosaga IP. KOS-MOS's inclusion in Xenoblade 2 required Bamco's approval for instance.
FlamingFirewire

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:16 am Reply with quote
MoonPhase1 wrote:
Ambrose7 wrote:

Well Monolith Soft is now owned by Nintendo, so that depends on how much control Namco has. But I would love to see it in a HD Collection on PS4 like .hack//G.U.

If there's a PS2 RPG trilogy that could use an HD collection-style "International edition", this one would be it - hopefully this comes to fruition as a project soon.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:25 am Reply with quote
At first I thought they tried trademarking the song, so all I could think of is Ric Flair going “Wooo!” in the face of a Bandai executive.
meiam

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:32 am Reply with quote
If there going to be make a remaster, any chance we could have the entire trilogy in episode 1 art style? No I suppose not. Crying or Very sad
Siegfriedl88

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:43 am Reply with quote
meiam wrote:
If there going to be make a remaster, any chance we could have the entire trilogy in episode 1 art style? No I suppose not. Crying or Very sad

I kinda liked the 3rd the most as far as art went, but i guess the thing that annoyed me most with the trilogy and it might of been minor too some, but its the change in VA from 1 to 2 to 3, especially with Shion and Kosmos, still not sure why they couldnt get them for Episode 2, but they did 1 and 3
Finny-chan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:30 am Reply with quote
I hope they add trophies to these if they re-release all the games on PSN. I loved the games and would love to play the trilogy again, but I will forever be sad that the project was cut in half due to budget issues and you can really tell too with how the last game was rushed. I always wonder what the story would have been like if they had the budget to do all 6 like originally planned.
IanKen

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:20 pm Reply with quote
I assume the TM is within the context of gaming.

Otherwise...good luck with that.

Singed:

Richard Strauss (1864-1949)
Dessa

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:28 pm Reply with quote
Finny-chan wrote:
I will forever be sad that the project was cut in half due to budget issues and you can really tell too with how the last game was rushed. I always wonder what the story would have been like if they had the budget to do all 6 like originally planned.

We got less than half. 1 and 2 were meant to be a single game, with 3 as the conclusion to Shion's story. So we only got a third.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Finny-chan wrote:
I loved the games and would love to play the trilogy again, but I will forever be sad that the project was cut in half due to budget issues and you can really tell too with how the last game was rushed. I always wonder what the story would have been like if they had the budget to do all 6 like originally planned.

It was also because Namco fired the entire development team twice. And you're quite right about that; you can tell it was rushed, what with them spoiler[killing off major NPCs one by one toward the conclusion, as well as offing Jin]. Episode III has also become notoriously rare due to not getting a second print run, so any copies online go for hefty prices.
Nordhmmer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:

We got less than half. 1 and 2 were meant to be a single game, with 3 as the conclusion to Shion's story. So we only got a third.

For a quick English written source I used this -
Xenogears and Xenosaga Study Guide
Preservation of information and interviews regarding this epic series.

link:
spoiler[ http://xenogearsxenosagastudyguide.blogspot.com/p/the-history-of-xenosaga.html ]

I & II were never intended to be a single game.
Episodes I & II were to tell the story's first arc,episodes III & IV the 2nd arc,and V & VI the 3rd arc.

But constraints (disk space,time and etc) reduced the story content of Xenosaga I to 20%.
Quote:
At that time Takahashi must've realized that he couldn't tell the entire 3 part series in just 6 episodes, and probably not even in 7 or 8 episodes at the rate he was going. That's why he decided to focus only on the first part - the story of Shion - and cancelled the rest of the series. Realizing that he only needed four more episodes to make up the remaining 80% of Shion's arc, he figured there wouldn't be an "Episode VI," and thus clarified in that video interview that there wouldn't be an Episode VI at this time.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:03 pm Reply with quote
The next thing we know, Bandai will be trademarking Die Welt als Wille und Vorstellung or Sein und Zeit or something of a similar heritage, having failed to acquire the rights to the original term following a legal challenge from Ric Flair.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1