Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ensemble Stars TV Anime Reveals Staff, 2019 Premiere




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
pauladls



Joined: 14 Jul 2014
Posts: 177
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 10:10 am Reply with quote
>2019
Mad Mad Mad Sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Cunning Linguist



Joined: 20 Jul 2014
Posts: 11
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 11:04 am Reply with quote
so this is the garbage being made instead of Part 5, le sigh
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Peebs



Joined: 07 Dec 2005
Posts: 351
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 11:14 am Reply with quote
You mean, this is a reverse harem. I'm all for male idol shows, but if there's a female protagonist who is not Haruka and looks like a love interest, then I'm not interested. We'll see.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ermat_46



Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 387
Location: Philippines
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Jojo didn't die for this garbage Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
phoenixalia



Joined: 20 Dec 2011
Posts: 1408
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 1:11 pm Reply with quote
It’s already happening but I’d like to remind folks here that this probably has nothing to do with Jojo. Laughing

Jojo is with Shueisha and this is with Happy Elements. Calm down. JoJo will come but Shueisha and the others don’t own DavidPro. DavidPro is just the studio.

This “garbage” makes tons and tons of money in Japan just like JoJo does and at the end of the day, anime needs to make money some way or the other. Also, it hasn’t even aired yet so nobody knows what it will be like and no, just because you don’t like it doesn’t make it garbage.

JoJo could be garbage for some people as far as we know.

Also, not sure if it’s a reverse harem either because they could skip the producer thing in the anime. Too early to tell.

Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ice_tea



Joined: 15 Oct 2009
Posts: 67
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 1:53 pm Reply with quote
phoenixalia wrote:


JoJo could be garbage for some people as far as we know.


David also made Inu X Boku SS. A studio can make any genre of anime. It not being the genre you want to watch doesn't make anything garbage. Saying that is rude and stupid.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kaorv



Joined: 21 Apr 2016
Posts: 30
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Peebs wrote:
You mean, this is a reverse harem. I'm all for male idol shows, but if there's a female protagonist who is not Haruka and looks like a love interest, then I'm not interested. We'll see.


The protagonist from the game has been confirmed from the anime, but if it helps there's not really any chemistry between her and the boys unless you want there to be. Also she doesn't have a face.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
CardamonPastel



Joined: 01 Oct 2016
Posts: 105
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 6:49 pm Reply with quote
kaorv wrote:
Peebs wrote:
You mean, this is a reverse harem. I'm all for male idol shows, but if there's a female protagonist who is not Haruka and looks like a love interest, then I'm not interested. We'll see.


The protagonist from the game has been confirmed from the anime, but if it helps there's not really any chemistry between her and the boys unless you want there to be. Also she doesn't have a face.


where did they confirm the games protagonist? because on the official website, it lists everyone from the game except her.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CardamonPastel



Joined: 01 Oct 2016
Posts: 105
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 6:52 pm Reply with quote
Peebs wrote:
You mean, this is a reverse harem. I'm all for male idol shows, but if there's a female protagonist who is not Haruka and looks like a love interest, then I'm not interested. We'll see.


an anime with a predominately or all male cast does not equal reverse harem. see touken ranbu anime or idolish7. Ensemble Stars isnt even an otome game and you cant pursue any of the characters romantically. maybe google what youre trying to subtly bash before making assumptions.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
phoenixalia



Joined: 20 Dec 2011
Posts: 1408
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 11:20 pm Reply with quote
ice_tea wrote:
phoenixalia wrote:


JoJo could be garbage for some people as far as we know.


David also made Inu X Boku SS. A studio can make any genre of anime. It not being the genre you want to watch doesn't make anything garbage. Saying that is rude and stupid.


Indeed. I agree.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GoldCrusader



Joined: 25 Apr 2017
Posts: 954
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 6:08 am Reply with quote
Nice! I'm excited for this. 2019 is so far away though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Izu0



Joined: 19 Mar 2014
Posts: 195
Location: California
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 7:38 pm Reply with quote
I was expecting this to get an anime adaptation
2019???
Please be all male cast.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kaorv



Joined: 21 Apr 2016
Posts: 30
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 9:02 pm Reply with quote
CardamonPastel wrote:
where did they confirm the games protagonist? because on the official website, it lists everyone from the game except her.


Sorry, I remembered them confirming her in an earlier announcement related to the anime, but I can't find it so consider her inclusion TBD.

The anime was originally announced in like 2016(?), and there was an announcement a couple months ago that production was (re)starting and they were bringing on the writer from the game, so I'm assuming whatever they came up with in those 2 years of pre production have been scrapped, including whatever plans they had for Anzu at the time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group