• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Animation TV Ranking, April 30-May 6 [2018-05-18]

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HoboSoup

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 4:41 pm Reply with quote
I'm surprised to see Hero Academia drop off the charts, the current arc in the anime is one of my favorite arcs in the series, I think the anime is doing a fantastic of adapting it as well.

Maybe because the shows on this list are a bit friendlier with a younger audience, while this arc of Hero Acedemia is pretty heavy and gets more grim. Parents might be uncomfortable having their kids see some of the violence and so fourth. Stain got pretty brutal last season but this current arc is horror esq, a dire night in the woods, can you survive until dawn? That type of deal.
Pierrot.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 5:54 pm Reply with quote
^ One Piece and DBS are violent too and they did fine. You also have an actual horror anime like Kitaro in the list too.
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 8:08 pm Reply with quote
It's just a single episode, I'm not worried. It's been doing good otherwise.
Яeverse

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 4:57 am Reply with quote
That drop off. Were people turned off by the 1 million percent of my hero and thought it was absured that they quit the series? Welp.
GoldCrusader

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 5:56 am Reply with quote
Яeverse wrote:
That drop off. Were people turned off by the 1 million percent of my hero and thought it was absured that they quit the series? Welp.

Why would a fan favorite moment cause a drop off? Anyway that's for 44. If that was the case 43 would've been the episode to drop.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1