• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Laws of the Universe Anime Continues With Film Trilogy

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greboruri

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 3:31 am Reply with quote
Imagine running a cult and having enough gullible followers that you can fund and release an anime film based off one of the 2,000 books you've written (allegedly) every three years. Truly nuts. I'm assuming Ryuho Okawa is trying again for that elusive Oscar nomination?
Codeanime93

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 4:00 am Reply with quote
I'm surprised Takehito Koyasu's not in this, he seems to be in a lot of these things.
koinosuke

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 7:37 pm Reply with quote
ANN, you should really add a few more details about what makes Happy Science so controversial for these articles.
Greboruri

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 3:14 am Reply with quote
Codeanime93 wrote:
I'm surprised Takehito Koyasu's not in this, he seems to be in a lot of these things.

I thought he was one of the faithful, but I can't find any evidence to show that. Don't think he was in the last film.
Codeanime93

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Greboruri wrote:
Codeanime93 wrote:

I thought he was one of the faithful, but I can't find any evidence to show that. Don't think he was in the last film.

For all we know he just likes the money from these things and doesn't care what crazy cult religion it's tied to. I know he likes the Gundam franchise a lot though, shows up in a lot of those constantly. But no never read anything about him being deep into Happy Science.Considering he's quite the prolific voice actor, him being in everything including crazy cult funded anime makes total sense. Also considering he does a lot currently including Attack on Titan recently.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1