• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hikaru no Go Manga Gets Live-Action Chinese Drama Adaptation

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iceblast

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 3:52 pm Reply with quote
This is one of my favorite animes. I've seen it many, many times.

I knew next to nothing about the Game of Go, when I started to watch this series, and you don't need to know anything about the game to love this series, and honestly, I still can't follow what's going on in a game, but the music, characters, do a great job of build suspense, you just can't stop watching it.

This is a very character driven show. They create a world where the Game of Go is taken very seriously. They do a great job in making you feel a professional vibe from what's going on.

I love how serious the characters usually take the game, and how hard they work to try to get better, and to finally become a professional player.

I'm leaving a ton out, but I would just like to say, if you haven't seen this series, you really should check it out. The first few episodes build the story, and feel a bit slow, but then it just takes off, and before you know it, it's done.
anddo

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Almost thought this was a new anime for a moment and panicked. The manga is still one of my favorites of all time.
Fenrin

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 2:51 am Reply with quote
The show is very dear to me, so I'm excited about this fresh take on the series after all this time. I wonder how close to the source they'll go; from the looks of the promo pic, it seems they're going for a more serious approach and the main character looks to be at least in his teens?

Most of the series I would think translates well into live-action, but considering how much of the show is internal dialogue, it could be a bit tricky to show that without getting hammy. I'll be looking forward to seeing how they adapt it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1