• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Iya na Kao Sare Nagara Opantsu Misete Moraitai Video Anime's 2 Promo Videos Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
T.Silver

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:32 am Reply with quote
What a time to be alive lmao
Keen Fox

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:07 pm Reply with quote
These expressions are priceless though.
As if they say "I pretend I don't want it but I'm actually craving for it and have to do it"
Seif

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Finally an anime that gets me.
Chaos Wings

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:08 pm Reply with quote
An anime for men of 'culture'. Now where's my wallet! Wink
Slashman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:14 pm Reply with quote
I don't...uh...wh...what???
melton80

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:48 pm Reply with quote
What is it with japanese anime/manga artists, if it isnt a story about rape, underage schoolgirls with huge boobs, or forcing a woman to doing something against her will it isnt entertainment. 95% of anime/manga fit into them three categories it seems, guess virgins need something to fantasies about when all the RL goodlooking girls dont give them the time of day and they are probably bitter about it, probably the same kinda people that find that kinda stuff entertaining as well.
Afezeria

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:12 am Reply with quote
melton80 wrote:
I understand your frustration because this stain here is indeed a shit show but to say that 95% of anime/manga out there are like the one mentioned in the article is simply being over exaggerating. There's still a ton, hell even a truckload of well produced contents out there and this is merely an exception among a small niche. Don't let your hatred blinded you into thinking too negatively.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:30 pm Reply with quote
melton80 wrote:
What is it with japanese anime/manga artists, if it isnt a story about rape, underage schoolgirls with huge boobs, or forcing a woman to doing something against her will it isnt entertainment. 95% of anime/manga fit into them three categories it seems, guess virgins need something to fantasies about when all the RL goodlooking girls dont give them the time of day and they are probably bitter about it, probably the same kinda people that find that kinda stuff entertaining as well.

For starters Afezeria already hit the nail on he head in regards to the manga market itself and how this, and those like this, are but a small part of it. As the old saying goes if all you expect to see is shit then shit is what you'll see. In other words don't simply focus on the small portion of the market that fit into a category you don't like.

Beyond that though you are crossing the line between expressing your views and being unnecessarily rude and insulting. Claiming fans of such material are all are virgins, can't get a real girl, and basically are sad people and only those kinds of people would like something like this is very rude. It's simply an ignorant blanket judgment, and we don't allow those here or personal insults towards fans. Fans are allowed to enjoy what they want here without being insulted like that. I suggest you work on expressing your disdain for a show or genre without carpet bombing those who do enjoy it. Everyone has different tastes.
Slashman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:12 pm Reply with quote
I don't have an issue with fan service shows in general. This just seems really, really odd.

It's like it should be part of something with a larger narrative and not the focus of a show...

Wonder what the reception for this was like.
Mikasa_su_casa

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:07 pm Reply with quote
This is a very specific title Razz

melton80 wrote:

95% of anime/manga? No. 95% of hentai? Yes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1