×
  • remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tokyo Ghoul:re Anime's 2nd Season Previewed in Ad




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
juusee



Joined: 21 Jul 2018
Posts: 35
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:13 am Reply with quote
"Final chapter?" R.I.P. Tokyo Ghoul. This will either be an insanely rushed 12 episodes or 24 episodes with massive production issues.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
joe_g7



Joined: 16 Dec 2016
Posts: 386
Location: Asia
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:52 am Reply with quote
juusee wrote:
"Final chapter?" R.I.P. Tokyo Ghoul. This will either be an insanely rushed 12 episodes or 24 episodes with massive production issues.
Betting my money on the former.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Greed1914



Joined: 28 Oct 2007
Posts: 4498
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:55 am Reply with quote
I'm hoping, though not at all expecting, that they will do more than 12 episodes. The last season took its time with the material it covered, so we're nowhere near the conclusion. Honestly, when the new season was announced in conjunction with the manga's end, I was worried that that we'd end up with something rushed. If this is announced as the "final chapter" then all I can hope for is that it has more episodes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FilthyCasual



Joined: 01 Jun 2015
Posts: 2269
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:29 am Reply with quote
Okay but are we getting chapter 125?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Angel Investor





PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Call me crazy, but I very much prefer Tokyo Ghoul to Attack on Titan. Attack on Titan might have better animation, but none of the characters except Mikasa do anything for me. Tokyo Ghoul's characters and conflicts are so much more interesting.
Back to top
TottoBennington



Joined: 24 Apr 2018
Posts: 18
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:12 pm Reply with quote
RIP my beloved TG:re ... they will probably give it 12 episodes and be done with it.
So that plus the sh*tty animation of part 1 :re.. there you go, the worst of the worst.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
capt_bunny



Joined: 31 May 2015
Posts: 364
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Ugh.... It's so rushed..... I know it's only going to be 12 episodes.... I might only see the op, ed, and see the only scene I like. Where Kaneki is meeting Hinami.

Angel Investor wrote:
Call me crazy, but I very much prefer Tokyo Ghoul to Attack on Titan. Attack on Titan might have better animation, but none of the characters except Mikasa do anything for me. Tokyo Ghoul's characters and conflicts are so much more interesting.


I am pretty much like that. I only like Mikasa, Marco, and Erwin. The plot isn't interesting, nor any of the characters. Which is a shame because it's well-liked around the anime community. But, sadly, TG pretty much goes.... uh.... downhill after the nutcracker arc. At least for me. And I mean by the manga. The anime had it really rushed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Scion Drake



Joined: 25 Nov 2017
Posts: 950
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:51 pm Reply with quote
Angel Investor wrote:
Call me crazy, but I very much prefer Tokyo Ghoul to Attack on Titan. Attack on Titan might have better animation, but none of the characters except Mikasa do anything for me. Tokyo Ghoul's characters and conflicts are so much more interesting.


Uhhhhh does it really matter? So you like TG over AOT, okay I guess since that’s how life goes, ya can like one show more than the other.

Doesn’t mean I’m gonna be at a fish festival bragging about how much I like fish better then chicken for no reason.

Not AOT’s fault TG isn’t more popular though. Blame Studio Pierrot for sticking it with shitty anime.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Eddy564



Joined: 14 Sep 2008
Posts: 340
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:52 pm Reply with quote
capt_bunny wrote:
Ugh.... It's so rushed..... I know it's only going to be 12 episodes.... I might only see the op, ed, and see the only scene I like. Where Kaneki is meeting Hinami.

Angel Investor wrote:
Call me crazy, but I very much prefer Tokyo Ghoul to Attack on Titan. Attack on Titan might have better animation, but none of the characters except Mikasa do anything for me. Tokyo Ghoul's characters and conflicts are so much more interesting.


I am pretty much like that. I only like Mikasa, Marco, and Erwin. The plot isn't interesting, nor any of the characters. Which is a shame because it's well-liked around the anime community. But, sadly, TG pretty much goes.... uh.... downhill after the nutcracker arc. At least for me. And I mean by the manga. The anime had it really rushed.


Hmmm that’s odd. I know many right now that’d argue AOT is in its prime right now. The recent events in the manga have been amazing.

The plot is VERY interesting. Especially since no one can predict an end in sight. Obviously you’re entitled to your opinion though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
capt_bunny



Joined: 31 May 2015
Posts: 364
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:22 pm Reply with quote
Eddy564 wrote:
capt_bunny wrote:
Ugh.... It's so rushed..... I know it's only going to be 12 episodes.... I might only see the op, ed, and see the only scene I like. Where Kaneki is meeting Hinami.

Angel Investor wrote:
Call me crazy, but I very much prefer Tokyo Ghoul to Attack on Titan. Attack on Titan might have better animation, but none of the characters except Mikasa do anything for me. Tokyo Ghoul's characters and conflicts are so much more interesting.


I am pretty much like that. I only like Mikasa, Marco, and Erwin. The plot isn't interesting, nor any of the characters. Which is a shame because it's well-liked around the anime community. But, sadly, TG pretty much goes.... uh.... downhill after the nutcracker arc. At least for me. And I mean by the manga. The anime had it really rushed.


Hmmm that’s odd. I know many right now that’d argue AOT is in its prime right now. The recent events in the manga have been amazing.

The plot is VERY interesting. Especially since no one can predict an end in sight. Obviously you’re entitled to your opinion though.


Oh, of course! I constantly see the manga everywhere but the anime isn't so much. I have hardly seen it go around on twitter and a lot of roleplaying community sites too. The only place I see it the most is on youtube and tumblr. I have seen many people in the fandom say that its not as known in the West as it used to be.

Thank you! And the plot was something I wasn't able to get into. Like I said, I wish. But it's not my cup of tea. I mean, it's big for a reason and I find it wonderful that so many fans make so many theories. Thank you for respecting that it is my opinion. ^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Agent355



Joined: 12 Dec 2008
Posts: 5113
Location: Crackberry in hand, thumbs at the ready...
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 6:09 am Reply with quote
I didn't realize the Tokyo Ghoul:Re manga ended. Wasn't a fan, but I'm curious if any of the characters got a happy ending. Guess I'll keep an eye out for the last eps of this "final season," then.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group